Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium

+6
hirwaunman
stevie g
WSCEvans
Merthyr Imp
Mountain Ash
Boz1964
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:09 pm

I believe the fans forum would love to hear some of the phrases shouted by the Merthyr Fans - the best amateur comedians in the Country.

Please add your own humorous offerings

Today's offerings are from the last two games:

' Unlucky Leeky.....( thirty seconds later) .......Unleaky lucky!

To Ken sat at the top of the banking with a knotted hankie on his head- look at him On Notting Hill.

'Linesman ...you're like a flag!'

Useless ...careless Misbah....( shades of George Michael) ....oh great goal!

Traylor skin him alive ( we have been accused of being lazy work shy fat and thick in Merthyr but not cannabilisitic before)

Any other classics?

Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty Re: Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Boz1964 wrote:
Any other classics?

Boz

Two seasons ago at Street (or possibly Odd Down): "Referee, which one is your house?"
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty Re: Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Great...that's the spirit Mountain Ash ....keep them coming!....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Boz1964 wrote:
There was an unlucky leaky in the standy roof today right above what they optimistically call the 'Press Box'. At any rate it felt unlucky to me when we had the shower of rain halfway through the game.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Good one ...my Lincoln friend...I love the banter and natural comedy that supporting non league football does for you!...Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Boz1964 wrote:I believe the fans forum would love to hear some of the phrases shouted by the Merthyr Fans - the best amateur comedians in the Country.

Please add your own humorous offerings

Today's offerings are from the last two games:

To Ken sat at the top of the banking with a knotted hankie on his head- look at him On Notting Hill.

'Linesman ...you're like a flag!'

Useless ...careless Misbah....( shades of George Michael) ....oh great goal!

Traylor skin him alive ( we have been accused of being lazy work shy fat and thick in Merthyr but not cannabilisitic before)

Any other classics?

Boz

aimed at the fruit picker man strolling around the perimeter fence. "oi u stupid man, paid £9 for that youd have got more in Sainsburys for that price:D "
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Slim Pickens ....I think his name was....keep them coming through the season....wandering ovine....boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty sayings heard at the giants causeway the substitute cigge stadium

Post  stevie g Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am

a long time ago when we played Gloucester we were at their ground and the ref was having a shocker he was bald and had a small beard he was standing about 3 yards from us and my mate shouted to him is that a beard you have got or are you just acting the goat even the ref laughed

stevie g

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:24 pm

That's what football is about...Stevie G having a smile with the other fans and officials....if you can ' kid' around like that and make the men in black smile too that's an achievement....although the young Lino this week had a smile with us about the blackberry picker at Cinderford....and before you ask Solihull its not a Euphamism for someone else! Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty Sayings heard at the giantscauseway - the substitute cigge stadium

Post  hirwaunman Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:32 am

Years ago, and not at PP, the ref was obsessively checking the pressure of the ball when someone started the chant 'Going down, going down, going down...'

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Great ......Hirwaunman ...nothing like deflating the man in the middle....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Sayings heard at The Giants Causeway the substitute Cigge Stadium Empty The Cigg-e Stadium

Post  hirwaunman Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 am

It has just been announced that the discarded 'Turf' (remember those fags?) from Penydarren Park is to be sold off under the brand name 'Old Sod'.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 pm

hirwaunman wrote:It has just been announced that the discarded 'Turf' (remember those fags?) from Penydarren Park is to be sold off under the brand name 'Old Sod'.
It'll cost you though, matey. I'm quite expensive with regards to Image Rights but I would be happy to put my name to it.

By the way, as far as sayings are concerned, I heard in Bridgwater yesterday that Zaki is now known as "Mars Bar".
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Old Sod wrote:
By the way, as far as sayings are concerned, I heard in Bridgwater yesterday that Zaki is now known as "Mars Bar".
I remember his brother being called that.

A pity that neither of them could have played for York City a few years ago when their ground was known as Kit Kat Crescent.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 am

I bet he is ' over the moon' with that...it could be be worse...Snacky Mars Bar....or is that how it sounds on Old sods new dictaphone Sponsored by gampsound..Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  metalfanmtfc24 Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:35 am

I heard two at the Merthyr vs Shortwood United game last night in the main stand of the Causeway stadium. "Linesman what you putting your flag up for the train's gone...choo choo!" and "We couldn't pass water if we tried". Don't know if these are any good?? lol
metalfanmtfc24
metalfanmtfc24

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Well done the metallist...like the train one....I think the players on both sides were passing water all night.....it more like water polo than football....I noticed thankfully that both of our Hobbit players were strategically positioned in the ' shallow end'.....Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  metalfanmtfc24 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:19 am

cheers Boz..will kewp my ears open for more in the game on Saturday at Paulton. Yeh, poor game, conditions didn't help mind. But, 3 points is 3 points I suppose
metalfanmtfc24
metalfanmtfc24

Back to top Go down

Post  metalfanmtfc24 Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:55 am

No sayings I could pick out yesterday from Paulton...I think we were all speechless from the result lol
metalfanmtfc24
metalfanmtfc24

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 am

Never mind metal....I can understand why you are ' rusty' this week wot with the rain and the trouncing....missed the came as I had to take the Durham exile back to the Tees....but whilst I was gutted to see us shipping 5 I see to recall Man Utd...no I am not a plastic Manc....shipping 5 in single games but still winning the league.....it is important though to take three points from our main rivals on our home ' turf' later in the business end of the season....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 am

Couple of good Uns today

I heard that on Facebook .....I assume the superfan always ' watches the radio' too

That forward for Fleet Town- .Simba - he had the lions share of possession today.

That Fleet Town defender look at his reverse quiff - or has he got his head on backwards?

Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Some them were quite "fleet" footed today, especially the keeper.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Quick ....ancient turf....but only actual sayings from fans count on this section....it is easier to overhear them without the gamp up....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

Heard a cracker yesterday against North Leigh:-
Hope they've got a spare bed in the Cardiac Unit up at Prince Charles, cos our defence is giving me a heart attack. Smile farao 
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:48 am

One cracker I heard last season. "Come on Ref! Book him! Have you ever given your Mother a Birthday card!?"

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next