Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-Martyr Adie Harris

Go down

Ex-Martyr Adie Harris Empty Ex-Martyr Adie Harris

Post  Wandering Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Harris sad to leave Chippenham
Swindon Advertiser

ADIE Harris was devastated to ‘let down’ Chippenham by saying his goodbyes at Hardenhuish Park last weekend, but admits his personal life had to come first.

The 32-year-old midfielder, who joined the Bluebirds from Bath City in October last year, was forced to ask for a release from his Town contract due to personal issues, but admits he is gutted he won’t have the chance to help the club challenge for promotion from the Southern League.

Caring for his father Albert, studying, work commitments and travelling from Cardiff all led to Harris reluctantly calling time on his spell with the Bluebirds.

“I spoke to my wife (Anne-Marie) and with everything that’s going on in my life, I was just going to burn myself out travelling 150 miles three times a week,” said Harris. “My father has had dementia and he deteriorated a bit over the weekend. I’m also studying to be a psychiatric nurse, so I’m pretty much a full-time student. I work looking after adults with behavioural difficulties but I’m going to be made redundant in November, meaning that I’ll be doing agency work for about 18 months until I get my degree. I didn’t want to be saying in a few months’ time, ‘oh, I can’t make training today’. I’m also married and I’ve got a little boy and girl, so I’m just going at 100 miles an hour all the time. (Leaving) was such a hard thing to do because I don’t like letting people down that have been nice to me. The chairman and the vice-chairman have been really good to me and I was more worried about telling them than the players.

“I wanted to be part of a side that got promoted up to the Conference South because I think that’s what the club deserves. Chippenham is a sleeping giant in non-league terms. I’ll miss playing there and I hope they go on to have a good season.”

Harris has signed for Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot in a bid to ply his trade closer to home.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum