Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

+17
Bigbri
WSCEvans
mandrake
The hairy one
CF48 MARTYR
ron jeremie
fistral10
abercwmboi martyr
Loopymagz
scamp
Mountain Ash
cliffyboy
Old Sod
Solihull Martyr
itsallgoingtitsup!
Merthyr Imp
meurid p
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices Empty Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

Post  meurid p Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 am

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

At the latest Board Meeting Admission Prices and Season Tickets for the coming season were discussed and the following prices will apply.

Season Tickets Adult Single Payment £150.00
Season Ticket Adult By Direct Debit £30.00 per month for 5 months.

Season Ticket Seniors 65+ Single Payment £120.00
Season Ticket Seniors 60+(Female)
Season Ticket Juniors
16-18 yrs.

Season Ticket Seniors 65+ By Direct Debit £24.00 per month for 5 months
Season Ticket Seniors 60+(Female)
Season Ticket Juniors
16-18 yrs.

Due to the time scale of the proposed 3G pitch it might be necessary to play some games at the start of the season away from Penydarren Park, if this does turn out to be the case arrangements will be made to compensate Season Ticket Holders.

Match Day Admission .

Adults £9.00

Seniors and Students £7.00

Under 16’s £1.00

Reserved Match Day Parking £50.00

Society Membership £10.00

Meurig Price

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices Empty Re: Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 am

No doubt there'll be complaints about the price increase to £9, but I notice the adult season ticket price remains at £150, the same as it was for £8 admission. That means a season ticket will be even better value (21 x £9 = £189, so over four matches 'free').

A quick look at other clubs in the division for comparison is a bit premature as I can only find three others that have announced their prices for the new season, but one of them (Wimborne) are also charging £9, and four other clubs (Didcot, Evesham, Swindon and Tiverton) charged £9 LAST season.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices Empty Re: Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

Post  itsallgoingtitsup! Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 am

[quote="Merthyr Imp"]No doubt there'll be complaints about the price increase to £9, but I notice the adult season ticket price remains at £150, the same as it was for £8 admission. That means a season ticket will be even better value (21 x £9 = £189, so over four matches 'free').

A quick look at other clubs in the division for comparison is a bit premature as I can only find three others that have announced their prices for the new season, but one of them (Wimborne) are also charging £9, and four other clubs (Didcot, Evesham, Swindon and Tiverton) charged £9 LAST season.[/quote

i think that the price will put off at least 20 to 30 supporters off our gate every home fixture.
thought that it would have at least been put to a vote !! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

itsallgoingtitsup!

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Have to say I have similar concerns.

Great that the season ticket prices have been "frozen".

Nervous about a £9 "pay on the door".

Seniors and students is nore than charged at Solihull - 2 leagues higher...

Great news about the u16's (not as though it effects me and mine any more!).

I fully understand why the season ticket is "front loaded". Just a shame that it can't be done over a longer period - it would bring it closer to a couple of "pay on entry" prices.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm

[quote="itsallgoingtitsup!"]
Merthyr Imp wrote:No doubt there'll be complaints about the price increase to £9, but I notice the adult season ticket price remains at £150, the same as it was for £8 admission. That means a season ticket will be even better value (21 x £9 = £189, so over four matches 'free').

A quick look at other clubs in the division for comparison is a bit premature as I can only find three others that have announced their prices for the new season, but one of them (Wimborne) are also charging £9, and four other clubs (Didcot, Evesham, Swindon and Tiverton) charged £9 LAST season.[/quote

i think that the price will put off at least 20 to 30 supporters off our gate every home fixture.
thought that it would have at least been put to a vote !! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

As the Imp says a season ticket remains the same price as last season so regular supporters who purchase season tickets will be no worse off and in fact will gain as they will have more "free" games so as far as I'm concerned it's a win win situation. People will have the opportunity to pay for their season tickets over 5 months at the rate of £30 a month which again, is the same as last season, so as far as regular supporters are concerned it makes absolutely no difference at all. Yes, the casual supporter will pay a bit more but if they attend just 10 games a season that will be only £10 extra for those 10 games which is not bad for 10 afternoons entertainment. Concessions have risen as well but again the same benefit applies if a season ticket is purchased. As someone who travels to every away game I know what other clubs charge and a few in our division were charging £10 last season, let alone the £9 we wish to charge for 2013-14.

The more people that buy season tickets will give us a guaranteed income which is similar to the request for people to purchase Soccalot by Direct Debit. It makes it much easier to plan our budget if we know in advance the amount of income coming in which is sound common sense as far as I'm concerned and hopefully the more "free games" incentive will encourage people to buy season tickets. The Board has been elected to oversee the running of the club and looking at the finances for next season the match by match increase is unavoidable but as said, this has been sweetened somewhat by the freeze on the season ticket.

Unfortunately, clubs at our level who wish to progress need to look at things in a businesslike manner and I'm sure that everyone will agree that financial stability is an important factor which is something that has been achieved, thanks to your elected Board, over the last 4 seasons. This is something that was rarely achieved by previous regimes.

"alltitsup" seems to be a regular supporter of the club and if he/she has any better ideas on the way the club should be run I'm sure we would welcome any input. The current Board are doing the best they can to keep us afloat and competitive but if there is something else we could do, any constructive ideas would be welcome.

Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed May 22, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm sure the question of raising admission prices or leaving them the same for the new season was gone into very carefully, and there must have been all sorts of things to consider. As I mean to get a season ticket the increase per match won't affect me - mind you I've not actually parted with any money to get in for quite a while due to having had one of the 4-year season tickets! Although if we have as many cup games as last season there'll be more to pay on the gate for them of course. But I don't mind that (and I'm not exactly rolling in money), as one thing I think is particularly important is to maintain the playing budget at least at its present level. I'd rather pay more to that end and see us retain or attract decent players than otherwise.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Doesn't your monthly payment now reduce to £24/month OS...?
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

price increase is not going to attract new fans is it ?

So a man 60-65 on a meagre Hoover pension will pay more than a woman 60-65 in a decent paid job, mmmmmm.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Wed May 22, 2013 1:45 pm

I would happily pay 10 pounds admission, though this is because I have a set budget I work to. It may mean that I spend a quid less elsewhere in the club- one less 50/50 or one less drink in the bar for example. But if I were not working today at 9 quid I would not be able to afford to come to the games at all. Seriously- that is a lot of money to anyone unemployed but especially under 25s,

I am not certain though what the net effect will be. I am sure this is the point where it starts to price out those on limited income but I am sure we will see one or two new faces next season as Cardiff City tickets become harder to come by for some of City regulars. A colleague of mine who has been a regular fixture at Cardiff games tells me that he is concerned that he will not be able to get in to see that many games there this year. Maybe he, and some others in the same boat, will show up at PP.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

A friend of mine living in swansea followed them all his life but when they did get in to the premier he to found that watching them was difficult due to demand for tickets on match days.Further we moan about our prices but i suspect some of the followers of cardiff city will be hit for six when they have to pay premier division admission prices.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Actually for those fans that bought their ST's early 3 seasons ago had a 5 year price freeze at Cardiff City.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopymagz Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Firstly I want to say the first game I watched at PP was in April 2010. Cost was £8. Ok that was for Southern Premier league but 3 years on and only £1 dearer for 1 division below isn't bad in my opinion.

Loopymagz
Loopymagz

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopymagz Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Secondly the subject of Cliff objecting to women getting a better deal. Pension age is pension age. It isnt the same for both sexes yet. If I had to wait till I am 65 that means I wouldnt be entitled to concessions till I had been retired for more than 2 years.
Loopymagz
Loopymagz

Back to top Go down

Post  abercwmboi martyr Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

When do we get the forms? Smile

abercwmboi martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  meurid p Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Will try and get them out next week.

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Post  fistral10 Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 am

It's strange that some people complain about paying £1 extra per game, which works out at just over £20 a season if you watch every league game - if you're that dedicated you'll probably buy a season ticket anyway. For the occasional supporter it'll work out even less over 9 months, so I suggest everyone who objects has a serious look at their finances and works out a way where they can cut 50p a week from their current weekly spend to support the Club.

I'm not sure why alltitsup was suggesting the increase goes to a vote, surely that would have been done at the Trust meeting anyway, and who would you ballot?

fistral10

Back to top Go down

Post  ron jeremie Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

If you want to go higher up the pyramid, then that costs more.
Whilst i'm only a casual supporter of Merthyr (couple of games a season), it'll be people like me who face the rise.
When you consider that the WPL Premier costs between £7-£9 to watch, this £1 increase seems like a bargain.
If they go up next season, then the cost would probably go up again to cover the extra cost of players wages etc.

ron jeremie

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Thu May 23, 2013 6:53 am

Solihull Martyr wrote:Doesn't your monthly payment now reduce to £24/month OS...?

Unfortunately not as I've 5 years before I reach the magic 65. I know, I look a lot younger! However 42 years in making sure the small fry pay the correct amount of tax whilst others are letting the big fish get away with murder may have taken its toll.

Coffee whilst browsing using your favourite search engine anyone?

Last edited by Old Sod on Thu May 23, 2013 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices Empty Season Tickets and Match Day Admission Prices

Post  CF48 MARTYR Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 am

This price increase was always going to cause conversation and debate and righlty so.

From a personal point of view I will once again be purchasing a season ticket, which based 21 home games which will see me gain entry to PP for £7.14, but more importantly my season ticket will represent my personal committment to the club that I will pay something for all 21 matches, even if I cant make them all

This years season ticket represents better value than the season ticket of last year, and coming from a football club that is looking to progress and grow (there are not alot of clubs that can say that) I think its excellent.

Yes the casual supporter will be affected, there was obviously going to be loser as there is with any increase in price and thats unfortunate and I hope that attendance at matches is not affected too much.

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  The hairy one Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am

I'm going to buy a season ticket this year for the first time. I pretty much agree with CF48 in his comments, I doubt if I can make every game but it helps the club and that's the main thing. I rather spend £150 on a Merthyr season ticket than subscribe to Sky and watch a load of teams I don't really have much interest in.
The hairy one
The hairy one

Back to top Go down

Post  mandrake Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

YEEES!! Well said Hairy and CF48! But I really can't imagine Rich ever missing a match. I'll bet in his previous lives he was a regular, and if he ever kicked the bucket, Mr Merthyr would be there in a different incarnation.
mandrake
mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Doesnt seem too bad looking at the details that have been announced. Good value if you fancy a season ticket and for the ground hopper's. casual supporter the extra pound probably wouldn't break the bank. We have seen the squad we have at the moment can compete at this league and hopefully we can maintain that squad and indeed look to improve to enable progression the extra pound here and there will help as of course fuel increases, and food and drink all of much need to be purchased to enable the transport and catering amongst others. Sometimes the prices can drive fans away I think Newport Speedway lost their way prior to their bankruptcy charging over the odds but at the moment I dont think too many of us can complain at the prices revealed with the Martyrs. Another interesting idea to suggest may be to introduce a sliding price admission scale along the lines of Cardiff City under the Eddie May days. If your top 4 in league say £9 5th to below mid league £8 and £6 for bottom area. Not sure whether that's viable but if the club is in the bottom the floating voter may say no to £9 but he may pop along for £6 and buy a pint in the clubhouse with money he saved on entrance.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu May 23, 2013 2:45 pm

DicPenderyn wrote:. If your top 4 in league say £9 5th to below mid league £8 and £6 for bottom area. Not sure whether that's viable

I remember they tried that some years ago at Lincoln but it didn't work because they never got high enough in the league table for the higher prices to apply!

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:
DicPenderyn wrote:. If your top 4 in league say £9 5th to below mid league £8 and £6 for bottom area. Not sure whether that's viable

I remember they tried that some years ago at Lincoln but it didn't work because they never got high enough in the league table for the higher prices to apply!

lol Very Happy
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigbri Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 am

When will the season tickets be available to buy.
Bigbri
Bigbri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next