Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAMINGTON FC

+4
Old Sod
Merthyr Imp
Tim Drummond
CF48 MARTYR
8 posters

Go down

LEAMINGTON FC Empty LEAMINGTON FC

Post  CF48 MARTYR Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Our good friends Leamington should seal the Southern Premier League trophy and promotion to the conference north tommorow with a win at Bideford.

I must say I am quite happy for them as they are a top club with a good bunch of supporters and have been knocking on the door for the past few seasons.

Another club that has gone through the mire, and now with thier supporters trust having a good influence over the way the club is run it shows the trust model works.

All the best to them Very Happy

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

LEAMINGTON FC Empty Re: LEAMINGTON FC

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Yes, congratulations to them and they do have a lot of enthusiastic supporters and they enjoy decent attendances.
It's been a long journey back for "the club". I remember them years back when they were called AP Leamington.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:
It's been a long journey back for "the club". I remember them years back when they were called AP Leamington.

And before that when they were Lockheed Leamington, and used to vie with Grantham Town for the championship of the Midland League.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

That's right. I remember.They played at The Windmill ground.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:That's right. I remember.They played at The Windmill ground.

I think their ground is now called "The New Windmill Ground" so maybe they've moved further away from the windmill!

They certainly have a good bunch of supporters and their forum called The Banter is always well worth a look and when we were at our lowest point a few years ago they always had good things to say about us and our plight and seemed genuinely pleased to see us on the way up. No doubt they remember going through the same process. I think a few years ago they made the trip to PP to find the pitch waterlogged and they stayed most of the afternoon to take part in the Indoor Olympics.

As CF48 says they are a good club with a good set of supporters and very good luck to them in the Conference North.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

LEAMINGTON FC Empty Leamington

Post  Boz1964 Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes good to see one of our old 'spa' ring partners doing well....I hope they achieve their goals tomorrow .....but there is only one result I have foremost in mind....three points to keep the pressure on Hungerford Swindon and paulton to se if we can get the money spinner home draw....up the town ....good weather forecast tomorrow ...expect a bumper fairweather fan crowd.....boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Benji Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Boz1964 wrote:Yes good to see one of our old 'spa' ring partners doing well....I hope they achieve their goals tomorrow .....but there is only one result I have foremost in mind....three points to keep the pressure on Hungerford Swindon and paulton to se if we can get the money spinner home draw....up the town ....good weather forecast tomorrow ...expect a bumper fairweather fan crowd.....boz

Hopefully be a decent crowd. Cardiff are away and kicking off early so hopefully a few of them will pop along.
Benji
Benji

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Benji wrote:
Boz1964 wrote:Yes good to see one of our old 'spa' ring partners doing well....I hope they achieve their goals tomorrow .....but there is only one result I have foremost in mind....three points to keep the pressure on Hungerford Swindon and paulton to se if we can get the money spinner home draw....up the town ....good weather forecast tomorrow ...expect a bumper fairweather fan crowd.....boz

Hopefully be a decent crowd. Cardiff are away and kicking off early so hopefully a few of them will pop along.

I think out of the Two homecoming games most fans would opt for the Saturday who are not ST holders and fingers crossed weather looks dry as well Very Happy
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:59 pm

This cropped up a week or so ago on the Solihull Moors forum (ironically under the relegation subject). Pretty much echoed the feelings towards the Brakes fans as shown here (despite the fact they gave us a good spanking when we last played). I was there the last day of our prevoius existence, when as well as ensuring our previous incarnation did not suffer the indignity of relrgation, a number of fans asked after our plight. Good folk.

And hopefully Solihulls derby game next season - looking forward to a proper crowd!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum