Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barry towns top scorer from merthyr on move

2 posters

Go down

Barry  towns  top scorer from merthyr on move Empty Barry towns top scorer from merthyr on move

Post  scamp Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 pm

CARMARTHEN Town manager Mark Aizlewood has added two new players to his squad.

Luke Cummings, who has appeared previously in the Welsh Premier League for Neath, arrives at Richmond Park from Bath City, while striker Christian Doidge joins from Welsh League outfit Barry Town.

A right-sided defender or midfielder who hails from Merthyr and was given a trial by Bath after being released by Cardiff City, Cummings joined Neath in the summer of 2010 and made 27 full appearances plus 13 from the bench.

Following the demise of the Eagles, he joined Bath in June of last year.

Doidge, 20, previously played for Croesyceiliog and Cwmbran Celtic before joining the Dragons in October 2011.

In his debut season with Barry, he developed a knack for scoring twice in matches, beginning his streak by scoring two important goals a 2-1 home win over Cardiff Corinthians repeating the feat at Cwmaman Institute the following Saturday in another 2-1 victory and in a 3-1 win at Cambrian & Clydach.

He finished last season as top scorer with the Jenner Park outfit.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Barry  towns  top scorer from merthyr on move Empty Re: Barry towns top scorer from merthyr on move

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm

There is no reference to Doidge being from Merthyr Tydfil. I think he is from Cwmbran, in fact.
Cummings made four starts for Bath City this season and was a substitute 10 times. He is a right-back or midfielder. His wages were being paid by sponsorship through an award. He was previously with Cardiff City.
He is the fourth players to leave Bath this year, 2013, so it seems they are having a clear-out and are looking to make new signings.
I read on one site that a former club was Merthyr Tydfil. Was he with the club's academy? I don't know the name.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum