Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cup fixtures

+6
CF48 MARTYR
Tim Drummond
Mountain Ash
Jamie Mack
Merthyr Imp
muscles76
10 posters

Go down

cup fixtures Empty cup fixtures

Post  muscles76 Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:34 am

i know the club need the money and im fully behind them.
this cup fixtures really r starting to cost a bit now, could really do without it seems like a season ticket is costing me more!!!
it dont help all this extra cost when u just lost your job!!!!

surely something could be done on season ticket holders getting some kind of discount for all these games . Mad

muscles76

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty Re: cup fixtures

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 am

I'm not certain of this but I believe what's been said before is that because gate receipts for FA Cup and Trophy matches are shared equally between the clubs it would mean losing money if cup games were included for season ticket holders.

The point being that the visiting club, under the rules, would still be entitled to a share of what season ticket holders would have paid for full price admission on the day.

The percentage, I think, is 45% for each club and 10% to the FA. So at £8 admission, £4.40 for every person whatever they've paid on the day has to go to the visitors and the FA.

Like I said, that's as far as I understand it. Someone like John Strand will know the full details.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am

Fully understand that, but the amount of cup fixtures so far is costing quite a bit lets be fair about it.
im not suggesting a free entry with a season ticket but maybe some kind of reduction of some sort.

with times being hard not just for the club but as fans aswell it would only do more good than harm maybe the crowds would pick up u never know, u got to ask yourself why r the crowds down Question
there no jobs going in south wales, everything on a budget familys getting screwed over right left and centre, people not wanting to work due to easy benefit system.
myself have lost my job im not going on the benefit system as i would rather do it all of my own back than be talked down to or shuttled around like cattle like these so called job centres.
im lucky as i have a supportive wife and family but cash talks !!!

i hope u read this and think he on a rant im not just having my say on it thats all. Very Happy

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 am

up the TOWN cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm

As Malcolm said with cup matches gate money is shared, 50/50% in earlier rounds and 45/45% and 10% to FA later on in the Competitions. Discounts are therefore not possible.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm

muscles76 wrote:....i would rather do it all of my own back than be talked down to or shuttled around like cattle like these so called job centres.
im lucky as i have a supportive wife and family but cash talks !!!

I understand where you are coming from on this but would urge you to rethink this- unless your supportive wife is prepared to pay your NI. When you sign your N.I contribution gets maintained. A number of years ago I was out of work for a bit and did just what you are saying here- I didn't sign on. The upshot was I had NI people write to me a few months back looking for their money. NI contributions are essential for your pension. So even if you are going to continue not signing at least make sure your NI is up to date.

Out of interest, I asked the NI if I had to pay the missed period they said that I would need 30 years NI for a pension so I said that I had worked since the age of 16 and was already close to 30 years of contributions. Result: they not getting the money for that few months.

The jobcentre is a soul destroying experience that bears no relation to the jobcentres when I started work- at least back in the day they offered careers advise and help. The current jobcentre has more to do with policing the jobseeker agreement and the application of sanctions and any help offered is merely a trap to apply a sanction. So if you do volunteering you are told that this is wrong because it is interfering with your jobsearch and availability. But if you do nothing you will be told you might have to volunteer. Its all a bit like the movie Brazil and I am glad I wasn't signing for long.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:39 am

i know enough people to get work to which im doing so on that front all ok.
only signed once before and what a load of bollocks that was .

as for the game on saturday pity there no leeway in the matter but thats life i suppose.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm

It is difficult in the present climate for many football fans in this area. And judging by the attendance for the FA Trophy game, some season ticket holders give the Cup matches a miss rather than pay extra.I am sure everyone sympathises with supporters who struggle to find the cash to see their team.
Everyone wanted to see the Martyrs back in the Southern League and the last two games last season produced 700 plus gates.
It is therefore disappointing that this campaign so far has seen the gates decline. The first four matches last season had a total of 1,639 fans. This season the first four matches have brought in 1,407 people.
However, as the board have stated, the gate receipts only go a part of the way to paying the wages, never mind the other bills.
That is why the club have plans which will see the club run on a business level with the aim of increasing the income.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty cup fixtures

Post  CF48 MARTYR Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 am

Early cup fixtures almost always churn out lower than average attendances, I am not sure if this is down the attraction of opponents, the competition or the all pay policy, this will turn on its head as we progress through the rounds and intrest gathers..

I am a tad disapointed at the attendances to date, however its worth remembering we are almost 6 weeks into the season and weve only had 1 home league Saturday match, and coupled with the fact we were away for 4 or 5 Saturdays in a row pre season means we may have lost a few casual supporters who can only attend when home matches fall on weekends, plus the increase in admission fee could be a factor.

Incidently I am told we have almost exactly the same number of season ticket holders as we did last season give or take 1 or 2, which is fantastic.

Unfortunately reductions are almost impossible for cup matches are they also attract a minimum / maximum charge, split gate policy and also the further you progress the price of the gate has to be mutually agreed by the clubs involved so there is alot to consider.

However I would certainly promote reduced ticket prices or entry on a adhoc basis for the unemployed, students & other specified catagories which do not fall into the current conessionary rate, as I feel we have a duty to try and bolster attendances where ever possible.

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:59 am

well said cf48
some kind of adhoc reductions would show the club understands the plight of their fans in this economic fuck up we r in.
i think we all understand the club r on a split with other clubs and the fa, which is fair enough and cant be changed.

lets hope for a victory today and more cash for the club up the TOWN Very Happy

muscles76

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty Re- Cup Fixtres

Post  Martyr Weaver Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:13 am

I think that a good starting point if you are reducing prices for any cup match, would be to reduce the admission charge for the Red Insurance game on Tuesday Oct 16th, and advertise the reduction well; this may result in a larger attendance than would otherwise would be expected for such a game, and that increase may then cover the expected loss; worth a try!

Martyr Weaver

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty Cup Matches

Post  meurid p Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:09 am

Following the postings on this thread, at the Board Meeting last night the Board decided that the admission prices for the Red Insure Cup against Yate Town on Tuesday 16th October 2012 would be £5.00 and £3.00 concessions. However under the rules of the competition Yate Town have to agree to these prices being charged. We will keep you posted.

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am

It's worth a try because the League Cup in previous seasons (with Merthyr Tydfil) produced poor gates. And our attendance on Saturday in the more prestigious FA Trophy saw an attendance bettered at four of the six Corbetts Welsh Premiership games played at the weekend.
Disappointing when we are quick to comment on that League!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty Cup Fixtures

Post  meurid p Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Yate Town have agreed to admission chrges of £5.00 and £3.00 for the Red Insure Cup Tie on Tuesday 16th October 2012.

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:23 pm

I know Wales are playing away on the evening of this game, but we were unable to move the game due to player availability.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Good of Yate to agree. Unfortunately, midweek games clash with televised football. This didn't happen years ago and often Tuesday night matches drew bigger crowds than on a Saturday.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

cup fixtures Empty Re-Cup Fixtures.

Post  Martyr Weaver Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:20 am

Yes it's worth a try, lets just hope for fine weather on the 16th. We all know that it's the romance and tradition of the FA Cup that draw in the larger crowds, and only the later rounds of the FA Trophy; but with other cup competitions, it's only the final that is of interest to all but the hardy supporter! I shall be there, unless we have three feet of snow, or a flood, as we just dont know where we are with this weather!

Martyr Weaver

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 am

I doubt if reducing the admission fee is going to increase the gate for this cup game specially if wales or any other world cup qualifyer is being televised.Also the fact there is very little of a evening bus service does not help

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 am

It does illustrate the difficulties in running non-League clubs. As a club controlled by the fans, Merthyr Town has to generate its own money. There are no sugar daddies to fork out for any shortfalls.
TV football, limited public transport in the nights, financial problems for out-of-work fans or those with limited cash all conspire to keep down attendances.
It will be interesting to see if the reduced admission for the Red Insure Cup will help boost the expected gate.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am

Yes this is a difficult one. I think we may have to take the hit on that one but I'm pretty sure if the boys keep working as hard as they are, we may be in a decent position by the end of the season. I'm sure that the interest would increase.

I won't be at the Yate game as I'm in Croatia but I hope we can get the turnstiles ringing in the new year onwards after the cup run's. FA Cup 3rd game against Man Utd should do the trick! Razz

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down