Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixture List

5 posters

Go down

Fixture List Empty Fixture List

Post  Littlewood Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 am

Saturday against Wells City was only my second time at Penydarren Park. My first time was Merthyr Vs. Cardiff a few years back.

I am a Cardiff season ticket holder but as there was no game for Cardiff last weekend I decided to come along to Merthyr.

I was really surprised at how good the standard of football was and I really enjoyed the game.

I have tried getting onto the website but it appears to be down so could someone let me know Merthyr's fixtures for the next month as I would really like to come along to another game.

Littlewood

Back to top Go down

Fixture List Empty Re: Fixture List

Post  GordonTheGopher Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 am

Hi Littlewood, glad you enjoyed the game against Wells. Merthyr Town now have a new website WWW.mt-fc.co.uk click on teams and drop down to fixtures & results for a list of up and coming fixtures, we will be pleased to see you . www.Pitchero.com/clubs/merthyrtown
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:39 am

Unfortunately your timing is a bit off... we are home on Saturday (4th Feb) to Radstock but then away in the league until the 10th March. We do have a league cup game (The Les Phillips Cup) at home on the 18th Feb against Elmore but so far there hasn't been much interest in this competition. This could well change however with no games being played a Penydarren Park supporters who don't travel away being starved of football wil probably turn up!
Risca Martyr
Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 am

Littlewood, you will always get a welcome at Penydarren Park.
Lots of people from outside the borough don't bother to watch Merthyr because they are uncertain of the standard.
But as you saw, there was some good football. Perhaps it wasn't the best of games, being one-sided, but it did emphasise the qualities of Merthyr at this level. And the more supporters through the turnstiles, the greater the chance they have of climbing the pyramid, at least back to the Southern League Premier Division.
When a supporter can't watch his own side (if they are away, for example), it makes sense to watch another side rather than stay at home! And Merthyr is easily accessible in the Valleys and from Cardiff etc!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Fixture List Empty FIXTURE LIST

Post  bluebird Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 am

ye i said to my boy other week lets got to watch the city...he said aint merfyr at home lol !!!!

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down