Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!!

2 posters

Go down

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!! Empty WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!!

Post  joan of ark Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Congratulations to the team on their terrific results, 5-1 last Saturday and 4-1 today. Really pleasing boost to the goal difference, looks very nice now, as things stand today we have the best GD in the league. Much healthier.
Shame the same can't be said about some of your responses to my post about the need for a striker to save the season. The intensity and aggression of some of your remarks, not only smacks of a clicky little group of boys together jumping on the band waggon to support each other, but also suggests a certain undercurrent of sexism existing amongst some members of the forum.
There should not be any place on a forum for the type of personalised remarks made against me.
How I spell my forum name is my business -- it's a play on words, the meaning of which is privy to myself and friends. As to comments that I know nothing about football or running a business, how on earth would you know?? Some of you have read my comments and gone off on a complete tangent -- I did not make anti-trust comments, far from it in fact.
Anyway I am very glad to see that after I posted my comments it was announced that the Club had bought a young striker. Well, well, brilliant minds think alike. Good luck Jamie Adams. Maybe it's done the trick because since JA sat on the bench last Saturday the boys have knocked in a few goals. Healthy competition you see, nothing like it. Maybe we needed a striker in more ways than one.

joan of ark

Back to top Go down

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!! Empty Re: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!!

Post  scamp Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

I think the difference is that not so much the addition of a striker but the improvement in mid field with leek and griffiths.without the engine house re midfield functioning we cannot expect the forwards to do their job.though we won well today against a poor side we should have scored more.With newport out of the welsh cup now we may be able to add the newport boys back to the squad as shep said in his interview.they probably with their quality make the difference in us getting promotion or not.

scamp

Back to top Go down