Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Adams

+5
Mountain Ash
Bigbri
Merthyr Imp
cliffyboy
Solihull Martyr
9 posters

Go down

Jamie Adams Empty Jamie Adams

Post  Solihull Martyr Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Jamie Adams has joined the club from Bristol Manor Farm. Jamie goes into the squad for tomorrows game.

According to Twitter
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Jamie Adams Empty Re: Jamie Adams

Post  cliffyboy Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Great to see us signing players from this side of the border (There's plenty of them!)

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 pm

A 19-year-old striker. He didn't play in Bristol Manor Farm's recent game at Penydarren Park.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigbri Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:49 am

This is what is on the player profile on the Bristol MF site about him :- Jamie joined the club last season and got stuck into scoring goals straight away. Always looking to get forward and get into those goal-scoring positions.
Bigbri
Bigbri

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 am

Well well! Talk on here last week was the big debate about the need for a Striker! So here we are... looking forward to seeing the lad in action later.

Without trying to hijack a thread on this, we also discussed on here signing the two Newport lads. My wife pointed out something in last week's match programme that I hadn't noticed and there was a suggestion that we MAY (and MAY being the important word) not have seen the last of those.

Matthew being injured again is a real shame, for him personally, and the club, he made a real massive difference when he came on last week. Haven't had an update on Tariq for a while but here is the point I am getting to- if we get all our ducks in a line, so to speak, even if it is too late to save the season we still may be seeing a change in fortune and a strong position to take forward to the 2012-13 season. The best, I feel, is yet to come.

Anyhow, found little on the new signing, other than a tantalising brief paragraph on the Bristol Manor Farm site, so rather than getting googling to find out what I can, I think this time I will just leave that as a surprise. Maybe, just maybe, the Street manager spoke too soon when he suggested the Martyrs could be in for a shock. Maybe we can turn the tables there and provide an illustration in what Naomi Klein described as "The Shock Doctrine".

Now time to switch off the laptop, get out of bed, get scrubbed up and begin the journey over to Merthyr. See you all over the park for what is hopefully a classic game, a great Martyrs victory and the beginning of the assault on the top spot of the table. As Michael Caine said in Escape to Victory.... "We can win this", and that was despite having Sylvester Stallone in goals. So if Michael Caine can keep the faith, then so can I.

Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jonah Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:31 am

hi mountain ash just to confirm taz is on course to return to action for us next season,his rehab is currently progressing well,hell be at our game today for his ongoing treatment.
up the martyrs
jonah
club physio

jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  jonah Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 am

good luck jamie im sure youll enjoy your time with us and i can assure you the people of merthyr will make you welcome as they have with myself,i have pledged that they have no chance of me getting rid of my newport accent though Very Happy

jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

jonah wrote:i have pledged that they have no chance of me getting rid of my newport accent though Very Happy

We'll see about that! Oh and thanks for the update on Taz mate,
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:30 am

Mountain Ash wrote:Without trying to hijack a thread on this, we also discussed on here signing the two Newport lads. My wife pointed out something in last week's match programme that I hadn't noticed and there was a suggestion that we MAY (and MAY being the important word) not have seen the last of those.
Newport are playing Gateshead in the Blue Square Premier and TNS in the Welsh Cup next Saturday 28th.

They will need to field squad and academy players at TNS and I would expect both Ryan Newman and Troy Greening to either be on the bench at Gateshead or in the team to play TNS.

The supporters have raised £15k during the last few weeks to help Justin Edinburgh bring in some players in the transfer window that will probably only restrict the first team opportunities for Ryan and Troy.

Because we have signed both on an extended loan period previously I'm not sure what regulations apply for any further loan, but it's a possibility that depending on the outcome of next weeks result at TNS in particular that perhaps Mountain Ash was suggesting we may see one or both of the loan players back at PP.

Total speculation of course!

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai Bando Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:44 am

Welcome to the club Jamie.
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 am

Wandering wrote:

Because we have signed both on an extended loan period previously I'm not sure what regulations apply for any further loan, but it's a possibility that depending on the outcome of next weeks result at TNS in particular that perhaps Mountain Ash was suggesting we may see one or both of the loan players back at PP.

Speculation yes, but it seemed to suggest in the match programme that there were options being explored, I don't think it went into detail and I don't have the programme to hand at the mo. But it would be great to see them in Merthyr shirts again.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

"Always looking to get forward and get into those goal-scoring positions."
That tells us a lot. I think you can say that about every striker!!!
But it is certainly good news about Merthyr signing a striker. Should be interesting in next couple of matches.
I don't know what the situation was re the wages of Greening and Newman and whether they were still paid by Newport or paid by us while they were at Merthyr. But I know that their wages with County are about double the average wage at PP!!!.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:13 am

Tim Drummond wrote:
I don't know what the situation was re the wages of Greening and Newman and whether they were still paid by Newport or paid by us while they were at Merthyr. But I know that their wages with County are about double the average wage at PP!!!.

Funny enough Tim I was thinking about this the other day after reading a couple of posts on the Newport supporters forum pondering what Newport are currently getting out of the full time professional status. It is likely that a number of Merthyr players will be getting a higher income than Newport players, on account of their occupation and day wages plus their semi-professional status. True this in not on account of solely what they get paid to play football but just thought I'd throw that out there Smile

Maybe I am wrong but its just a thought.

edited to add, I am sure they would get far more first team starts than they get at Newport and more chances to play first team football, the game they love. Merthyr is not that unattractive an option - it really isn't. Cool

Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 am

Mountain Ash wrote:
Wandering wrote:

Speculation yes, but it seemed to suggest in the match programme that there were options being explored, I don't think it went into detail and I don't have the programme to hand at the mo. But it would be great to see them in Merthyr shirts again.

I think this must be what you're referring to - from Jamie Mack's Secretary's Notes:-

'Ryan Newman and Troy Greening have returned to Newport following their loan spell with us. I know how much both players have enjoyed their spell at Merthyr but return to Spytty to consider their options. They could yet return depending on their discussions.'

Re Jamie Adams, I have been doing a small amount of Internet searching and he is also sometimes described as 'an attacking midfield player'. It may be that - assuming he goes straight into the team - he'll play behind the front two. Well, we'll soon see.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down