Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion Bid

Go down

Promotion Bid Empty Promotion Bid

Post  WelshCelt Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:17 pm

I agree with you CF48 Martyr - it would be fantastic to get promoted this season, but it is not calamity if it does not happen. As I explained on another post, the potential at this club is enormous, much greater than the majority of clubs not only around us but also in leagues above us. I would fully expect a promotion push this season, but if the club miss out, the greater sized crowds mean that the spending capacity, even if limited to a tight budget, will be greater than the sides around and thus the team should strengthen in comparison to our rivals.

There are, admittedly, too many draws at the moment but at the same time, Town are still unbeaten at PP and have only lost two away all season. That is not a bad record. I think perhaps the two home draws with Bridport and Longwell were perhaps the problem, as this has left us 4pts short of where we perhaps should have been. However, there is plenty of time left and a three or four match winning streak (which is quite possible given the forthcoming fixtures) would make the picture at the top of the league look much healthier.

WelshCelt

Back to top Go down