Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN

+6
Tim Drummond
Solihull Martyr
CrazyNick
cliffyboy
CF48 MARTYR
A465 Martyr
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN - Page 2 Empty Re: FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN

Post  scamp Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 am

It is players like this we should be looking for in our position.We had dai webley in similar circumstances from abertillery.I introduced chris holvey to the club on the recommendation of a friend of mine.It would be interesting to know if the boy had been spoken to considering even more so that shep was aware of him from the earlier posting back in october.

scamp

Back to top Go down

FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN - Page 2 Empty FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN

Post  CF48 MARTYR Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 am

Shep was interested in the lad from Monmouth along with a host of other clubs, Newport, Neath, Llanelli, to name but a few, it's hard to keep a record like his quiet these days.

The problem was I am told he doesn't drive or at least he didnt at thr time so it was a non starter, I believe he's travelling to Carmarthen with either thier manager or coach.

It would be intresting to see what he does at the higher level.

Shep and Danny are looking at players on a regular basis, but in days where money talks unfortunately we have to play second fiddle to some of the clubs above as thier budgets however unsustainable are much higher than ours.

I don't think we are getting the best out of a few players who were outstanding for us last season this year but I don't think we are a million miles off dare I say 5 or 6 points off where we should be.

Plenty of games left, keep the faith

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN - Page 2 Empty Re: FRIENDLY V TON PENTRE FRIDAY 13 JAN

Post  Wandering Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:22 pm

We've already picked up Jack Howe, Alun Griffiths, Ian Traylor (this season) and Ryan Prosser (last season) from other local sides so I don't think that we can complain about possibly missing out on a player that has gone elsewhere for whatever reasons.

Dan MacDonald's background is similar Graham Evans, both prolific scorers, Evans also returned home to play for his local side Caersws (who were managed by his father) after signing for Aston Villa as a schoolboy. He also went on to play for Hereford United but only lasted a season at Edgar Street before returning to Caersws.

I know that John Lewis tried to sign Graham Evans when he was manager of the Martyrs but some players feel more comfortable in familiar surroundings.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 pm

I told the club about Ian Traylor two years ago after his scoring exploits at Pontypridd Town.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2