Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press coverage

4 posters

Go down

Press coverage Empty Press coverage

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 am

A big spread in today's Merthyr Express on Merthyr Town FC. They have even given us a repeat of the Perthcelyn friendly and the Boxing Day game with Hallen which were printed last week!!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Press coverage Empty Re: Press coverage

Post  Mountain Ash Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:19 am

Tim Drummond wrote:A big spread in today's Merthyr Express on Merthyr Town FC. They have even given us a repeat of the Perthcelyn friendly and the Boxing Day game with Hallen which were printed last week!!
Since my colleague is off work this week, the one who brings the paper in for me, are you suggesting here that despite the big spread that it wasn't a particularly good piece of coverage?
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 am

I think the implication is that it rather devalues the amount of coverage when some of it is reprinted from the week before.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

Probably the reason why there was a good spread for us is the fact there was very little football to report on in the area due to the weather and the festive season.I doubt wether we will get this sought of spread again when every thing as far as other teams are concerned are back to normal

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:34 pm

There was very little sport at the weekend because of the bad weather. And normally reports have to be submitted by the Monday.
So, the paper (s) were probably glad to get something although I don't think we needed a reprise
of the reports from the previous week which tended to show that no-one reads the submitted reports, never mind editing them.
Still, it did provide a lot of column inches on Merthyr Town FC and was only possible because the writer spent his voluntary time writing the report on the night of New Year's Day.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down