Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Down v MERTHYR

+8
Tim Drummond
cliffyboy
rustic
Merthyr Imp
Bigbri
scamp
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
Solihull Martyr
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Odd Down v MERTHYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Odd Down v MERTHYR

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 am

It seems that after most games this season, reports say that Merthyr should have won. It has been only seven wins from 15 league and Cup matches. One win was in the Welsh Cup against Caerau when a mixed team was fielded. Only one Cup match was against higher opposition.
Merthyr need to step up the pressure with League success the only target (other than the League Cup!)
The midfield situation has been documented. And clinical finishing is obviously needed to complement the supremacy shown in most games.
It's not going to be easy and an improvement soon is needed! It does illustrate that last season the Div 1 standard was not very high as Merthyr made their mark in style. This season the competition is tougher!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 am

A former merthyr manager stressed to me once that the most important part of a team is the engine house namely the midfield.Though it is unfortunate we have bad injuries in this area we have not brought in enough quality to make up for tariq and mathew in this area even as a temporary measure.To much is being asked of leek and dorian to plug the gap.If we do not see an improvement our season may be over by xmas and we all now what that means in terms of support

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 am

yes quite true,it will be back to the 200+ faithful.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Odd Down v MERTHYR - Page 2 Empty Come Back Clarkey

Post  Royston Rogers Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 pm

ALL IS FORGIVEN...............................................................................

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:47 am

Who know's maybe management may say sorry again and bring back Clarkey and Stiens we miss them.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 am

GordonTheGopher wrote:Who know's maybe management may say sorry again and bring back Clarkey and Stiens we miss them.

I don't see why.

I can't see Clarkie improving our midfield at the moment. We need someone who can pass the ball and instigate plays and with all due respect to Deano he isn't that type of player and we have enough players of his ilk already.

As far as Steino is concerned he was given targets over the close season, failed to meet them and as a result opted to leave after not accepting the terms on offer and I think Garry & Danny were correct in making a stand. I agree he is a big miss and maybe brought the best out of Ryan Prosser who seems to be suffering from second season syndrome. Would Steino want to come back if asked? Who knows and what terms would he demand?

I think we should move forward and there maybe some signings in the offing to improve matters.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:55 am

I wonder if tubbs was given the same targets as steino if so it would be interesting to know if they have been met Laughing Laughing

scamp

Back to top Go down

Odd Down v MERTHYR - Page 2 Empty Odd Down v MERTHYR

Post  CF48 MARTYR Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 am

The trouble as I see it at the moment is that we are dominating games but cant kill teams off, also when we made mistakes last season we were seldom punished, but the teams are indeed and rightly far better than those last season and are seizing upon our mistakes.

I have alot of time and respect for both Dean Clarke and Craig Steins after all they served our club for many seasons with admiration, but I dont think now is the time to go back, we need to look ahead, I do think we are lacking a 2 key positions which needs to be addressed, creative central midfielder and a goal scorer, Taz and Prosser more than filled these positions last season but with Tazs injury and Prossers bad patch we are coming up abit short, I would also like to see consideration given to putting Marcus back upfront, as Shep is leading a loan forrow at the moment and needs help.

We are having a badish run and our away form is quite patchy, but lets hope we can iron these issues out, I wouldnt rule out new additions as I think we need abit of strengthening in key arears, but we need to have faith in the players and those in charge to get it right, make no doubt we will be right up there come the end of the season we just need to battle on for now and keep our heads up..

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:18 am

it is difficult to bring in players when clubs are paying silly money even in the lower divisions of the welsh league and other leagues,i am sure shep and danny are doing their best with limited funds to bring in a couple of better players i just hope they have success to continue our progress.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2