Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season over

3 posters

Go down

Season over Empty Season over

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:58 am

So Merthyr's  season is over. And they are without a permanent manager or any players. Merthyr players are all non-contract and sign for a season so at the end of a campaign, they don't have any players on their books.
The real problem was at the  end of the last played season (last  season being mothballed) with the bulk of the players not  signing again  and going to other  clubs - Alex Harris, Lee  Lucas, Gethyn Hill, Jamie Veale, Owain Jones, Kieran Lewis, Ian Traylor, Matthew Harris.

Last edited by Tim Drummond on Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Season over Empty Re: Season over

Post  scamp Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:53 am

Going back about month or so ago correct me if I am wrong but the board stated they was putting feelers out for a new manager and an announcement was to be made within a fortnight or so.
The season is now over and perhaps with good reason no news has come out on a new manager
I only hope that they are not going to dither again as I feel a new manager should have been appointed behind the scenes and who ever it is would have looked at our present squad from a distance and is now in a position to now what is required for next season.Any players we want to keep should be sorted now not when they have joined other clubs
The season may have ended but the work starts now not couple months down the road
As far as the playing side is concerned the board got us in this mess now get us out of it and no more dithering about please

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:48 am

Welcome views on the appointment.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:47 pm

We are not the only great Welsh non league club to be relagated from their respective leagues
Barry town have been relagated from the Welsh premier league the league they have dominated for many years

scamp

Boz1964 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down