Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v farnborough

4 posters

Go down

Merthyr v farnborough Empty Merthyr v farnborough

Post  scamp Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Lost 3_2 at top of table farnborough
We were 2-0 up at half time goals by Curtis and refyll
However there were 7 mins injury time and guess what they scored the winner
Listening to the game on radio farnborough we give a good account of ourselves in first half but we seemed to be on back foot most second half
The new striker was not in the squad and also traylor was missing
Under normal circumstances this would seem a good effort but unfortunately we are just drifting furthur afield from the teams above us that we need to catch

scamp

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v farnborough Empty Re: Merthyr v farnborough

Post  martyrmark Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:22 am

May I make a suggestion and ask supporters to view and compare both managers post match interviews from today’s game? They can be found on each of the clubs Twitter. You can make your own conclusions and then check where both clubs are placed in the league. My view is that, surely it’s not all bad luck that we have won just two games out of twenty three, (including cups.) I’m getting fed up of excuse after excuse. The management are just kidding themselves. Funny how we didn’t have any luck when we scored two goals today and then had no luck conceding three, which cost us another game. Considering Dean and Co. were aiming for a play off place this year….. yes, his words,…… it’s not quite going to plan, is it? After the first month, the excuses could be found written on A4 paper. The second month, they could be found on a post it note. We now find the excuses, just about fitting on to a postage stamp. The squad initially resembled a sixth form schoolboys eleven and now we’re moving on to a veterans eleven. It looks like we’re starting to clutch at straws. The returning thirty years olds, good players with us first time around, may stabilise us for a short period but, not sure if they can do it long term. See what I meant by, ‘THE OLD SCHOOL TIE BRIGADE?’ When will the management/board admit….. before it’s too late….. that they’ve made a mistake and if it’s in the interest of Merthyr Town FC do the right thing?

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:21 am

Just before I get bombarded with, ‘have you got any suggestions?’ I will put a name in to the ring and that is Paul Michael. Currently enjoying considerable success at Yate Town, he was previously with Cinderford. He served his apprenticeship with Risca United, leading the club to back to back promotions from Welsh League D3 to D1 and a highest ever finish. The Welshman is a head of PE by profession, he played for Haverfordwest and Clevedon before moving in to management. Doubt very much if the board will even look at him, because he doesn’t fit the club’s criteria…. (no previous ties). Although, I’m sure he’s worked/working with lower budgets. Then again, why would they want to make any changes, as they seem quite happy with current proceedings by the looks of things.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:43 am

Martyr mark I completely agree,Merthyr has for a long time been about who you know not what you know and jobs for the boys.
They need a fresh face with no previous ties to the club with new ideas and philosophies.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v farnborough Empty Re Merthyr v Farnborough

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:14 am

Three people were  taken to hospital and three men were taken into police custody after an alleged pitch invasion and followed by a car-park fight  at the end of the game between Farnborough and Merthyr Town.  Those arrested were a man from Aberdare, aged 26, one aged 25 from Bristol,  and one, aged 32, from Blackfield, Hampshire. One of the injured Merthyr fans is believed to have been attacked with  a brick, and police said it is thought that sticks were also used in the fighting. It was  reported that about 50 fans went onto the pitch,  fighting broke out and also continued in the car-park as spectators were leaving the ground. The three men held were on suspicion of pubic order offences.
Police are appealing for any mobile phone footage of the incidents to find out what happened. "There has been an incident which has overshadowed the result and we are devastated," said Merthyr manager Dean Clarke in a post-match interview.
Several comments were made on  the Farnborough  Fans' Forum and by their manager Spencer Day after the match.
Merthyr Town FC said today:"The club are aware of an incident at the Farnborough game on 4th December, which resulted in a number of Merthyr fans requiring hospital treatment. Thankfully they are now recovering, and have returned home.

The Board are convening an emergency meeting to understand the situation, and will be working with Farnborough FC, the Southern League and the police to address the incident. "

Last edited by Tim Drummond on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:41 pm

Awful incidents reported at Farnborough. Wishing the injured, a speedy recovery and hoping the investigation finds the culprit(s) and they are dealt with accordingly. Staying with the ‘aggression’ theme, not sure if a current Twitter quote by Merthyr player Kerry Morgan is helpful. Although not related, in my opinion it is unnecessary and of bad timing, considering he was there on Saturday. It reads: ‘Ashley Young still got one of them faces you want to boot.’ Some people may be offended and affected by such comments.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:31 pm

I cannot imagine any of our supporters would want to invade the pitch can understand it if we won but having lost the way we did the first thing I want to do is get on the bus and get the hell out of there. There was enough of our supporters there to answer this
I listened to the whole commentary of the match on the radio which was quite good until farnborough scored the winning goal the commentator went absolutely ballistic with excitement he was screaming down the microphone.His actions would caused riot in a monastery never mind a football match
One comment I seen from I assume a farnborough supporter is they had problems there before and no actions had been taken by them
Probably difficult for any of our supporters who were there to comment but would be nice to have an unbiased view of what happened

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum