Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mike ley ?

5 posters

Go down

mike ley ? Empty mike ley ?

Post  abercwmboi martyr Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Think he deserves a start tomorrow as joe hasn't been at his best all season and mikey has impressed every time I've seen him, also think traylor and leahy deserve a start.

abercwmboi martyr

Back to top Go down

mike ley ? Empty Re: mike ley ?

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

I agree. Perry is being tested more than last season and it is showing. Mike Ley is a promising goalkeeper as far as I have seen of him.
And with the speed of Ian Traylor, his presence in the starting line-up could help Merthyr gain a early advantage and shake up the oppositiion rather than bring him on later when we could be chasing the game.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

mike ley ? Empty mike ley ?

Post  CF48 MARTYR Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 am

I agree things need to be freshened up, and Taylor and Lehy looked much sharper than the players they replaced when they came on Saturday, and both looked far more likely to score too.

Mike Ley has been injured since Larkhall and made his comeback for the Youth on Sunday, but in fairness Joe had a very good game Saturday (apart from the first goal when he seemed out of position). I think Joe needs to improve his distribution which is letting him down at the moment.

Its all about competition, another sub that livened things up on Saturday was Adam Carpenter, who given the absence of key midfielders should be in with a shout too, the thing I like about Carpenter he always wants the ball, and is keen to keep trying things even after making a mistake, also Badger has to be in contention as Pena had a poor game Saturday.

I like the fact that noone's position is safe in the squad due to the depth we have, so it is now up to the lads who will be selected tonight to put Saturday out of the memory and respond with a positive result tonight.

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 am

This is what we need - honest comments about the team's performance. And CF48 Martyr can always be relied upon in this direction.
With some people, Merthyr's failure to win is blamed on the referee or some other excuse.
A proper evaluation of the players' displays is what is needed which will be of help to all concerned.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:27 am

totally agree tim.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 am

Tim Drummond wrote:With some people, Merthyr's failure to win is blamed on the referee or some other excuse.

We all like to think we could do the job of a Premier League manager!

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:34 am

in some cases we all know,ha,ha.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down