Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly

+7
Johnny boy
scamp
rustic
steveclark45
Merthyr Imp
muscles76
Solihull Martyr
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly Empty Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:05 am

Team: Garner, Chappelle, Bloom, Baggridge, Wright, Brown, Scotcher, Traylor, Curtis Hutson, Gez McGarry, Kayne.
There will be a different 11 second half.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly Empty Re: Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly

Post  muscles76 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:20 am

garner he still here very poor

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly Empty Re: Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 am

Latest score as per Twitter is 1-1.

Ian Traylor equalising a goal from former Martyr Chris Colvin-Owen.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:58 am

2-1 up h/t

Clarke, Kinsey, Tancock, McDonald, Shaun, Evans, Williams, Jenkins, Bowen, Reffell, Prosser.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 am

Hope the Williams in the team is Gavin.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:21 am

3-1 Prosser
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:27 am

4-1 Prosser with his brace!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:37 am

5-1 Gavin Williams freekick
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  steveclark45 Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 am

Was nice to be back watching Merthyr today. Was also a nice sight to see a old Merthyr kit being warn in the first half also.
I have to agree with muscles76 garner was again poor, I think it's time Gavin gives Clarke a chance to prove what he can do after the successful first season with us with the games he played. He's young and the more he plays the better he will come. Was also nice seeing Gavin back on the pitch even though I was a bit worried with some of the challenges made on him. On to Tuesday now!

steveclark45

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:40 am

6 _1 Corey scored.not much of a game though,Gavin,s goal was a lovely free kick.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:47 am

nice to see most of the squad from last year still with us particularly reffell him and Gavin give a bit of quality to the side.Hard to make a decision on the goalkeeper Clarke needs to develop physically I think which will come if we keep feeding him mars bars and spinach .

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  steveclark45 Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

we have to remember he's young, still growing mentally and physically. If I'm right he's the youngest player in our squad atm? He has a long way to go. He may not be big enough YET but he is certainly better than garner, in my mind if your better than someone you should play instead of them.

steveclark45

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 am

Scamp is right I think Clark's a good goal keeper but is a bit small and if he's that young he won't have the experience like garner, even if Clark is better in some peoples opinions.no Adam davies today either any news on him??

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Johnny boy wrote:...no Adam davies today either any news on him??

According to this week's Merthyr Express he is 'believed to have been on holiday'.

In case anyone didn't read it in the programme for today's match, one player who has left is Chris Hugh: 'Chris works in Bristol, and the midweek travelling was always difficult for him'.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Good luck to Chris hugh wherever he goes he will be missed

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:59 pm

adam davies will go to hereford he follows steve like a lamb !!!!!!

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:07 pm

muscles76 wrote:adam davies will go to hereford he follows steve like a lamb !!!!!!

Adam is on holiday and will be back soon. This is what I overheard in the stand today.
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I was told a week ago from a good source Hereford were after him but he decided to stay with us.Apparently he is now on holiday

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:15 am

i hope he does stay with us he a to good for hereford level.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Penydarren Boys Club pre-season friendly Empty First Friendly

Post  hirwaunman Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 am

Some discussion concerning the relative merits of Garner and Clarke, but no mention of Tom Bradley. I thought he was injured  and that's why Garner was brought in, but have seen no information since - have I missed something?

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Same has kyle pattern they've just disappeared

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:15 pm

From Hereford forum. Rumours of 2 Merthyr players as well at training. Hope one is the RW who played against us in the PSF last season. Ha Ha dream on Hereford.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:24 am

Are they players who are in our squad now or former merthyr players

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:02 am

I noticed that on the Hereford forum. The training session referred to took place on Saturday so presumably wouldn't have included any of the large number of Merthyr players who took part in the Penydarren friendly.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:14 am

Most of merthyr players were all in game on Saturday weren't they apart from davies who is suppose to be on holiday

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum