Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Stadium Name.

+2
cliffyboy
WSCEvans
6 posters

Go down

New Stadium Name. Empty New Stadium Name.

Post  WSCEvans Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:07 pm

I see the club have now signed a new deal with a company and the stadium will now renamed. Always will remain as Penydarren Park in my mind as I'm sure many of use Very Happy
Merthyr Town Football Club are delighted to announce Miller Argent as the new sponsor for our stadium which is currently under construction. Miller Argent who operate the Ffos-y-fran opencast mine a few miles away from the club, have agreed a £10,000 deal which will see the new stadium being named the ‘Miller Argent Community Stadium’.
The new development comes as Merthyr Town Football Club celebrates becoming winners of UEFAs 2015 European ’Best Grassroots Club’ for our ongoing contribution to the local community. The prize was presented to the club earlier this month at The Football Association of Wales (FAW) Community Awards event at Cardiff City Stadium. The award recognises volunteers, clubs and leagues, across Wales, who dedicate their time to grassroots football in their local community.
Neil Brown, Managing Director of Miller Argent said:
“Merthyr Town Football Club is a shining example of a club that is run for the people, by the people. We are extremely proud to sponsor the clubs new stadium and we are sure that this development will only serve to further enable the club to expand and build on its prize winning community activities.”
In 2013 funding from the Ffos-y-fran community benefit grant was used to install a state of the art 3G pitch which has transformed the clubs ability to host an extensive range of community activities alongside our first team matches. Club activities include a football academy for local promising footballers, a veteran’s team, a disabled team and, most recently, our Walking football team all of which are delivered through the Merthyr Town Community Project. The club also has plans to start a ladies team next season, hold fitness events and even summer youth activities.
Explaining the reasons behind the club’s success, Rob Price Chief Executive of Merthyr Town Football Club said,
“Merthyr Town Football Club is distinctive in that it is owned by the local community and is operated specifically for the benefit of the community. We are not just about first team football, the club offers a wide range of leisure activities that seek to be inclusive to all, allowing all members of the community the opportunity to not only participate and enjoy the game but also to access the club for wider leisure and social activities.
“We are tremendously proud of our achievements and this award is testimony to the valuable work of our local volunteers from across Merthyr Tydfil. Without their invaluable help we wouldn’t be the award winning club that we are.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

New Stadium Name. Empty Re: New Stadium Name.

Post  cliffyboy Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Good news, but it will always be called "The Park" for me and many other older fans.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:14 am

Always penydarren .

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 am

You don't mean to say you people haven't been calling it the Cigg-e Stadium for the last couple of years?
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:38 am

That name it seems have gone up in a puff of smoke

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:44 pm

cliffyboy wrote:Good news, but it will always be called "The Park" for me and many other older fans.
Unless, of course, you are as old as Wanderin' or Meurig, in which case it will always be Romanorum castrum!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum