Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clevedon No 10

2 posters

Go down

Clevedon No 10 Empty Clevedon No 10

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:40 am

I believe the Clevedon No 10 player referred to in the forum thread re Tuesday night games is Ben Bament.
Aged 24, he signed for the seasiders in November 2014 after scoring 15 goals in 21 games for Toolstation Western League side Ashton and Backwell. He is now, in fact, on dual registration with both clubs, (something not allowed now in welsh football).
A source tells me that he is a "tigerish" player who gets stuck in and always has an eye for goals.He is a winger who can play on either flank.This is the highest level he has played at.
Backwell is fairly near to Clevedon and is seven miles south-west of Bristol.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Clevedon No 10 Empty Re: Clevedon No 10

Post  Cyfarthfa Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:45 am

He played in Midfield against us and was their stand out player, I hope SJ was impressed enough to have him monitored/watched because as I said on the Forum earlier this week IMO he should seriously be considered as a long term replacement for Ryan Newman, but only if he maintains that sort of form week in week out.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:50 am

He is mainly a midfielder. Bristol-based Rod Vickery says:"He is a real pocket-rocket with bags of pace."
He has improved, having done well to step up from The Western League and is always "looking for goals."

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 am

I'm sure other Clubs in the Bristol area must be looking at him and i'm sure it will not be long before he signs for a more ambitious club than Clevedon.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down