Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attendances

5 posters

Go down

Attendances Empty Attendances

Post  GordonTheGopher Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:05 pm

Non league matters website attendances statistics has Merthyr Town in 67th place up 34.72% on last year.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Attendances Empty Re: Attendances

Post  MattMartyr87 Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:59 am

Can't complain with that. I think we all need to do our bit to promote the Taunton game in a couple of weeks.

As it stands, Cardiff and Swansea are not playing that day as it's an FA Cup weekend, Wales are playing Scotland on the Sunday in the egg and it's a 1st v 2nd. I think we could have a bumper crowd if we push it! Very Happy Very Happy

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:37 am

i think this is in no small part thanks to the Football Fan 'Agents' Matt the Martyr and the Roving Sheep who amongst others are banging the drum in their respective Valleys for the Martyrs.

I think most fans like to follow a winning team but besides that there is a ' feel good' factor about the Club for a number of reasons- a momentum and fall out from the 3G pitch , the proposed ground improvements and I think a real sense of community that you do not get from the plastic premiership.

It really is a different experience and atmosphere at the Park of optimism and expectation last felt in the mid 1980s just before our Town put NonLeague Valleys football on the map.

It is a great time to become a Welsh Valleys Martyr.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:08 am

I think the potential for growth is massive and the increase in attendance isn't likely to stop any time soon. I am forever trying to lure my pals up the ground with me and have been succesful on a few occasions. I think the more and more Premiership clubs isolate fans the more appeal the Martyrs will hold. I've certainly seen it happen with large swathes of the Newcastle United faithful now opting for Gateshead and Blyth Spartans et al. Good luck trying to get Cob chips and curry for 2.50 down the CCS like!!
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 am

It's all about the Cob and Chips! I have a couple of promo video ideas in my head for us. Ones to target different audiences. I'd like to get them done in the summer before the new season Very Happy

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Boz1964 wrote:i think this is in no small part thanks to the Football Fan 'Agents' Matt the Martyr and the Roving Sheep who amongst others are banging the drum in their respective Valleys for the Martyrs.

I think most fans like to follow a winning team but besides that there is a ' feel good' factor about the Club for a number of reasons- a momentum and fall out from the 3G pitch , the proposed ground improvements and I think a real sense of community that you do not get from the plastic premiership.

It really is a different experience and atmosphere at the Park of optimism  and expectation last felt in the mid 1980s just before our Town put NonLeague Valleys football on the map.

It is a great time to become a Welsh Valleys Martyr.

Boz

Well.....I will be for Taunton be bringing at least two lads from work and hopefully 2 wrexham fans lol, banging the Merthyr drum from Work and social media. In fact some twitter followers now informing they plan to pop along and two fans will be there next season and not renewing season tickets at Cardiff.  The club is on the up and anything that can be done via social media to generate interest and bring back former regulars to the club is a good thing, People can now see images on the unofficial group and re kindle their passion, tweets to hundreds of fans and sooner rather than later we will see more coming back. Meanwhile the Gwent recruitment machine will continue
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 am

MattMartyr87 wrote:It's all about the Cob and Chips! I have a couple of promo video ideas in my head for us. Ones to target different audiences. I'd like to get them done in the summer before the new season Very Happy

sounds great, if you need any music for any of them give us a shout. Made by 2 martyrs ( and 4 county boys but ignore that)
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum