Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gavin Williams

+12
Twyn Jasper
Solihull Martyr
rustic
Jamie Mack
Admin
Cyfarthfa
hirwaunman
Risca Martyr
Tim Drummond
nocturnalme
Boz1964
Gethdavies123
16 posters

Go down

Gavin Williams Empty Gavin Williams

Post  Gethdavies123 Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Just listening to the slough radio, they've just said Gavin's earning 6/7/8 hundred quid a game?? Is this accurate?

Gethdavies123

Back to top Go down

Gavin Williams Empty Re: Gavin Williams

Post  Boz1964 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Whatever he gets....he is worth it....I heard £10k a week , freedom of the Borough and the pick of the virgins at the Kirkhouse on a Friday Night....but that MIGHT be a tad inaccurate.....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Gethdavies123 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Haha, wize words, boz. Quality player

Gethdavies123

Back to top Go down

Post  nocturnalme Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:00 pm

900 a week, but he played for West Ham. Worth it! Very Happy
nocturnalme
nocturnalme

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:34 pm

There is a problem with The Kirkhouse situation.........

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Whatever he is paid, it is probably done by sponorship.
Risca Martyr
Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  hirwaunman Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:09 am

If I were Gavin Williams, I wouldn't want to see speculation about my earnings aired on a public forum - who would? Regrettably, though, notions of respecting privacy and minding one's own business seem to have gone out of fashion nowadays.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:57 am

Quite. Wages are a personal matter, or should be. I am sure, however, that he is not getting anything like the amount suggested as no sponsor would be that generous.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 am

Tim Drummond wrote:Quite. Wages are a personal matter, or should be. I am sure, however, that he is not getting anything like the amount suggested as no sponsor would be that generous.

Agree, However this is also a private matter between GW, MTFC, & any Sponsor, so would respectfully suggest all this speculation on this Forum should end ASAP as it's not good for both GW & possibly Team Morale.

Last edited by KPT1950 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 am

Just listening to the slough radio, they've just said Gavin's earning 6/7/8 hundred quid a game?? Is this accurate?
How would Slough Radio know how much he is on? I think they are probably guessing because Gavin showed over the two games he was a class above them. Anyway, it's nothing do to with them so it needn't be talked about anymore.
Risca Martyr
Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 am

I listened to some of the Slough commentary on Sat, which included plenty of trivial banter between the two broadcasters, in between a decent commentary. Any comments they made should be considered in that light.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:12 pm

I have spoken to Gavin this evening and he has asked me to post a response on his behalf.

Gavin is concerned about the impact this speculation is having on everyone, and would like to make it clear that he is not receiving any money from sponsors, and he is not being paid anywhere nowhere near the amount(s) that has been mentioned in this posting.

Gavin realises the hard work that everyone at the club does and will never expect to receive an income that could put the club in jeopardy, which the amount that has been quoted surely would.

Speculation about high wages could also damage team morale, and the team morale that the squad has is a crucial element of why we are in the position we currently are. This morale and spirit is not something that Gavin as assistant manager wants to be damaged which is another reason why he would like his position to be made clear.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:23 pm

That should answer everyone, now let's get on supporting this very good team of ours.Onwards. upwards I say.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm

The Slough Radio commentators were just Slough club volunteers, not journalists or radio people as such so as stated, we should bear that in mind when their comments are considered.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm

I look forward to the day when we can pay all our players that sort of wage!

#justdreaming!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:08 am

Well done for that Gavin, it should not be anyone’s business, however in my opinion you are showing your undoubted class and we must also remember the rest of the squad are playing out of their skins under the leadership of the management and the attentiveness of the backroom staff, keep it up all. It is a team game so back down to earth on Saturday for our next challenge.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 am

Well said TJ anyone that heard the commentary last Saturday could name a lot of other remarks made that were nonsense but apart from commentating and obviously favouring Slough they were I believe trying to make an entertaining broadcast.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 pm

I thought they done a decent job I do not think they particularly favoured slough and they did give us a lot of decent positives like recognize us as being a decent team.It be great if we could have a commentary like that at all our away games

scamp

Back to top Go down

Gavin Williams Empty Sorry

Post  Gethdavies123 Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Only now read the replies, didn't mean any harm with the post was just wondering, if the wage suggested by the slough commentators had any truth about it and whether or not that was the rough price our players were earning, no harm intended, sorry once again Shocked

Gethdavies123

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Evening Geth....don't worry ....things get blown up out of all context sometimes on forums....it was a storm in a tea cup...the interest of football fans...especially of the cyber kind is transitory just like the attention span of the cast of the Only Way is Essex ...in addition, on occasion some people have 'eggshell' skins and sometimes as a result of the furore - people feel compelled to clear inaccuracies up...principally because our club is run the correct way and feels accountable to the wider community ....debate and conjecture on the forum is welcome...whilst abuse or negative or disparaging are not....your comment was a question prompted by some throw-away statement heard on an amateur radio show from some fellow football daft fans...we should not take ourselves too seriously in this whole matter- we are not likely to be anything other than one of the best semi-professional non-league teams in England & Wales...I suspect the comment smacked a little of the politics of envy , in view of the quality of our players at this level and also subliminally offering an excuse as to why their team was played off the park....I know I have used that excuse myself when I have been beaten by a superior 8 ball player....the ah but he plays pool TWICE a week etc justification to self........but I know rather be supporting a St David side playing a Goliath team which retains its local community feel....with the quality of our current squad , management and Trust , we are the envy of many teams up and down our league and beyond....and long may it continue.....and another thing ...I think hearsay , rumours and scandal are the life blood of this forum.... if nothing else it keeps our supporters, the majority of whom could be stunt doubles for the cast of the Wonga Advert, alive till the next game- through the medium of moaning, as they can't complain about our on-pitch performances.....

Geth...keep up the speculation on this Forum and post early for Christmas.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:18 pm

scamp wrote:I thought they done a decent job I do not think they particularly favoured slough and they did give us a lot of decent positives like recognize us as being a decent team.It be great if we could have a commentary like that at all our away games

Buy me the equipment and I'll do it as I speak into my dickyphone during the game which I replay for my reports.  Mind you, I'd have to mind my language!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gethdavies123 Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Boz1964 wrote:Evening Geth....don't worry ....things get blown up out of all context sometimes on forums....it was a storm in a tea cup...the interest of football fans...especially of the cyber kind is transitory just like  the attention span of the cast of the Only Way is Essex ...in addition, on occasion some people have 'eggshell' skins and sometimes as a result of the furore - people feel compelled to clear inaccuracies up...principally because our club is run the correct way and feels accountable to the wider community ....debate and conjecture on the forum is welcome...whilst abuse or negative or disparaging are not....your comment  was a question prompted by some throw-away statement heard on an amateur radio show from some fellow football daft fans...we should not take ourselves too seriously in this whole matter- we are not likely to be anything other than one of the best semi-professional non-league teams in England & Wales...I suspect the comment  smacked a little of the politics of envy , in view of the quality of our players at this level and also subliminally offering an excuse as to why their team was played off the park....I know I have used that excuse myself when I have been beaten by a superior 8 ball player....the ah but he plays pool TWICE a week etc justification to self........but I know rather be supporting a St David side playing a Goliath  team which retains its local community feel....with the quality of our current squad , management and Trust , we are the envy of many teams up and down our league and beyond....and long may it continue.....and another thing ...I think hearsay , rumours and scandal are the life blood of this forum.... if nothing else  it keeps our supporters, the majority of whom could be stunt doubles for the cast of the Wonga Advert, alive till the next game- through the medium of moaning, as they can't complain about our on-pitch performances.....

Geth...keep up the speculation on this Forum and post early for Christmas.

Boz
Cheers boz.. Maybe it worded my original post wrong, anyway on another topic, you got any idea if there will be any highlights posted on martystv anytime soon? Cheers....
Geth

Gethdavies123

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm not bothered about who earns what, whether they be a player, manager, coach or a member of the back-room staff.

All that matters is that everybody pulls together as a team and they continue to produce the results and performances for the remainder of the season as they have done so far. (The last two minutes v. Shortwood not included)!

I'm also a bit surprised that Gavin. as an M.P.* hasn't yet been accused of fiddling his expenses!

*Merthyr Player.

Yours,
with tongue firmly in cheek,
Nubs.
farao
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Old Sod wrote:Buy me the equipment and I'll do it as I speak into my dickyphone during the game which I replay for my reports.  Mind you, I'd have to mind my language!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/190705/start_your_own_internet_radio_station_for_free.html
http://www.listen2myradio.com/
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down