Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Interesting

+2
Nubs
P45
6 posters

Go down

Very Interesting Empty Very Interesting

Post  P45 Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I was speaking to an away supporter at one of our recently home game, who informed myself that their manager had viewed Martyrs t.v to see how we set up, for game analysis.

Could martyrs tv be a extremely valuable tool for managers/coaches to take advantage of home matches regarding footage?.as they certainly set their teams up to defend in numbers.

opinions please?..

P45

Back to top Go down

Very Interesting Empty Re: Very Interesting

Post  Nubs Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 pm

As the average length of highlights of a game on Martyrs TV is about 5 minutes, I can't see how any opposing Manager can get enough info to see how we set up.
farao
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Would the usual three to five minutes of highlights of each game be enough to go on? And it's not as if it was every game (that's not a complaint, as I'm sure MattMartyr does his best to provide as much as possible)

I know we have a scout watching some (maybe not all) of our opponents games. I would have thought that would be more use.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Yes...I am sure that is a great tool for frightening the opposition too...swings and roundabouts....as a fan I would still like to see our highlight show on the Forum....perhaps Matt could put the 1970 Brazilian team black n white film to confuse them....after all Kayne IS the new Pele ....Boz....
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Premiership clubs are always on TV and the opponents obviously check them out as well as having people at the games.
I expect Slough will have Merthyr watched at Wantage on Saturday.We frequently have the opposition watched. I am sure it is of value although you can't legislate for many things which happen in football. But a good club will always check out their opponents, via any video coverage, media information etc.
But it is more important for teams to concentrate on their game.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 pm

I've always thought this ever since I started doing match highlights. I think one thing that opposing teams can get from them is identifying our players. Traylor's pace, Kayne's goal threat etc. Although I suppose you can just look at the table to see how threatening we are going forward anyway.

I suppose it's nice to know that our Club are being exposed and the video's are being watched.

Big catch up on highlights coming up in the next couple of weeks as well! Very Happy

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Look forward to it.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 am

Thanks Matt...I know the Durham Exile appreciates it.....a pint will be forthcoming....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down