Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR v Totten

+11
Cyfarthfa
Wandering
meurid p
Old Sod
Youngatheart
Tim Drummond
Merthyr Imp
stevie g
mumford
cliffyboy
Solihull Martyr
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MERTHYR v Totten Empty MERTHYR v Totten

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:32 am

Team: Bradley Summerfield Davies Bauza wright green Morgan williams mclaggon Newman Traylor. Subs: Willo Harris leek Jenkins Prosser
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Totten Empty Re: MERTHYR v Totten

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 am

1-0 up Kerry Morgan

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 am

2-0 up Traylor

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 am

3-0 up Traylor

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 am

Half Time 3-0 up

Stratford 0 Cinderford 1 at Half Time

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am

3-0 up h/t Morgan and 2 from Traylor 24, 30 & 31mins
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  mumford Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:10 am

Live commentary from AFC Totton at the game @ http://www.afctotton.com/match-centre/

mumford

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:21 am

4-0 up Wright

Stratford 1-1 now

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:26 am

Stratford 2-1 up 68 mins

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am

4-0 Wright 62nd min
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 am

Full Time 4-0 win Very Happy

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:57 am

Full time 4-0. A comprehensive win
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 am

Stratford won 2-1

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Totten Empty merthyr v totten

Post  stevie g Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 am

that was one of the best display of passing football i have seen in a long time Totton must have thought we had fifteen men on the field

Last edited by stevie g on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

stevie g

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 am

Today's team:

Bradley;
Summerfield,Green,Wright,Davies;
G.Williams;
Traylor,Bauza,Newman,Morgan;
McLaggon

Subs:
M.Harris for Williams after about 64 minutes
Prosser for McLaggon after about 74 minutes
Jenkins for Traylor after about 76 minutes
S.Williams
Leek

Guillermo Bauza made his first start, with Kris Leek on the bench, and with Jarrad Wright back Jamie Rewbury wasn't even among the substitutes which was something of a surprise (assuming he was fit and available). With Kerry Morgan also starting in place of Ryan Prosser it was a reversion to the lineup of a few weeks ago.

Before the game there was a presentation from Ryan Newman to Meurig Price to mark the chairman's hat-trick in the Walking Football match last Thursday.

It was a fairly even start to the game with both sides probing, but the first chance fell to us when a ball across to the far post from Kerry Morgan on the left saw Ian Traylor turn it onto the outside of the post.

After about 13 minutes there was a fine bit of skill and persistence by Kayne McLaggon, twisting and turning inside the area on the left and eventually winning a corner.

We were putting Totton under almost continual pressure without quite working an opening, but after about 22 minutes, Jarrad Wright met a corner from Gavin Williams and saw his header hit the bar and bounce down, with a follow-up effort being held by the keeper. But a couple of minutes later the pressure told following a throw on the right. The ball came to Gavin Williams and he played in Kerry Morgan on the right of the area to put a left-foot shot across the keeper and in off the far post.

It was 2-0 after about 31 minutes when Morgan put Kayne McLaggon away on the right of the area he took the ball to the line and squared it across past the keeper for Ian Traylor tap into the net from 3 yards. A minute later it was 3-0 when Guillermo Bauza won the ball midway in the Totton half and played it forward for Ian Traylor to slot it past a defender and the goalkeeper from the edge of the area.

Ryan Green got forward down the right on about 38 minutes and played the ball inside for Kayne McLaggon to bring a good save from the goalkeeper at the near post.

We'd looked more and more in control of the game as the half went on with very little threat from Totton, but about 3 minutes after the break they had just about their only shot on goal in the match, which was pushed away by Tom Bradley.

After about 55 minutes a defender slipped and presented the ball to Kayne McLaggon just outside the area. He took it on and got it past the keeper but it was cleared off the line. A minute later a good cross from the right went across goal with both Ryan Newman and Kayne McLaggon just unable to get a touch on it. It seemed Kayne McLaggon was fated not to score, as a couple of minutes after that Kerry Morgan set him up on the right of the area but his shot went just wide of the far post.

We made the game even safer than it already was after about 63 minutes. Kerry Morgan put Adam Davies away down the left of the area and his ball across was cleared away from Kayne McLaggon. From the corner taken by Gavin Williams a header from Jarrad Wright seemed to be cleared off the line, but the linesman indicated it had crossed the line first. Matthew Harris was then given some game time in place of Gavin Williams.

We hit the frame of the goal for the third time after about 67 minutes when a long free kick from Ryan Newman out on the right evaded everybody to come back off the far post.

Ryan Prosser came on for Kayne McLaggon, and a couple of minutes later Corey Jenkins replaced Ian Traylor.

It was nearly 5-0 after about 83 minutes when Ryan Green came forward again, and combined with Guillermo Bauza, but although he lifted his shot past the keeper it also just beat the far post.

A really one-sided match after the first few minutes. After Jarrad Wright's goal Totton seemed more interested in damage limitation than trying to pull a goal back. Difficult to choose a man of the match as everybody played well, but if pressed I'd say Ryan Newman. Kayne MacLaggon did everything but score, and it was good to see Ian Traylor get a couple after a lean spell. We were almost totally untroubled at the back where I don't think Ryan Green put a foot wrong.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Who are TottEn? AFC Totton!!!
The visiting fans were full of praise for Merthyr's performance and they are also a fans-owned club so felt they had something to aim for.
As Imp says, Totton had just one effort on goal, it was so one-sided. McLaggon and Wright could well have had hat-tricks. The first half was particularly impressive with the passing and determination of Merthyr.
Leek has been suffering an ankle injury. He may have to work on Tuesday but hopes he will be able to make the Yate game.There were just two players with the club who were not in the squad- Rewbury and Cutlan.
Bauza did the right things with the minimum of fuss although losing the ball twice.
He has a brother who is also training with The Martyrs.
Attendance of 441 was encouraging! I saw some people there I have not seen for years or ever before!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Youngatheart Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Superb start to our league season

played 12 won 9 drawn 2 lost 1 goals for 42 goals against 12

Last year
played 12 won 8 drawn 1 lost 3 goals for 28 goals against 21

Youngatheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:52 pm

It was a cracking first half performance that won the game for us today. I saw the Cinderford v Totton game a couple of weeks ago and thought that Totton would be quite easily beaten on the flanks and occasionally left gaps in the middle of the defence and our first 3 goals today showed that those thoughts were correct.

Kerry made loads of room for himself to smash home the first off the post, Kayne did excellently to lay it on a plate for Traylor's first and Trayls was all on his own when he ran through the middle of the defence for his second. I'm sure that had his early chance been created after those 2 goals he would have scored it - confidence is a wonderful thing. Old fashioned goal line technology came into play when Jarrad's header was deemed to have crossed the line by the vigorous waving of a lino's flag and although Totton protested I think that was a mechanical response as opposed to conviction that a wrong decision has been made.

Fully deserved victory and a clean sheet and we could have scored a lot more. Reading their manager's comments in an earlier thread I expected Totton to come and defend but I suppose they realised they couldn't so they just played their normal game and it made for an entertaining afternoon.

Onwards and upwards for Tuesday against Yate and hopefully we won't get a repeat of last season's game.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:Who are TottEn?
Think they are Leonard Cohens backing band!!

The irony of being picked up by an ex-Hack!!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

I only looked in to see if Mr Martyr would make a comment. He didn't disappoint. I have never been a hack,always a journalist, and as with vicars and doctors, journalists never retire.
I think he is mixing me up with my brother who is a Cohen devotee. I am a Bob Dylan follower, the man who performs more concerts a year than anyone! The Times They Are A Changing...

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Totten Empty erthyr vs Totton

Post  meurid p Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Whilst fully appreciating the accolades for my superb hat trick last Thursday I have to come clean and explain that the presentation by me was TO Ryan Newman for his hat trick against Larkhall Athletic

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Tim Drummond wrote: I have never been a hack, always a journalist...
Surely that's for your readership to decide...!
Tim Drummond wrote: I think he is mixing me up with my brother who is a Cohen devotee...
Its your cheery, positive outlook that always confuses me!
Tim Drummond wrote:I am a Bob Dylan follower...
Need I say more!!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 am

Totton spent the first half chasing shadows as we gave a passing master-class scoring three really well created goals.

Kerry curled his into the bottom corner, while Kayne chased a lost cause to turn the ball back inside for Traylor's first. An assist from Bauza was converted by Traylor and it was virtually game over for Totton.

It was great to watch and hopefully, the majority of the crowd will return for more either on Tuesday or next Saturday.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:10 am

Wandering wrote:Totton spent the first half chasing shadows as we gave a passing master-class scoring three really well created goals.

Kerry curled his into the bottom corner, while Kayne chased a lost cause to turn the ball back inside for Traylor's first. An assist from Bauza was converted by Traylor and it was virtually game over for Totton.

It was great to watch and hopefully, the majority of the crowd will return for more either on Tuesday or next Saturday.

Agree 100% Wandering, great team effort and superb to watch.

Hopefully we will get a really good crowd next Saturday as the majority who watched yesterday will surely return next Sat. However, sadly, many supporters do not have the appetite for midweek games anymore, I think the 7:45 kick off time is a deterrent together with the lack of local transport and of course the midweek televised football.

I think the SL should think seriously about starting the season the 1st Sat in Aug and finishing league fixtures say midway thro May thus ensuring there are more Sat & less midweek games which are poorly attended for most if not all of the Clubs.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Totten Empty MERTHYR Town vs Totton

Post  PeterHarman Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 am

Just uploaded some photos from yesterday's game on club website

PeterHarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next