Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todays Team

+11
MartyrMann
treharrismartyr80
Old Sod
The hairy one
Taffia
scamp
DowlaisBoy
cliffyboy
douggolfer
Merthyr Imp
Cyfarthfa
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Todays Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays Team

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:14 am

It was Keds and Rewbs who were sent off in that FA trophy game at Slough.
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Todays Team - Page 2 Empty Harris

Post  douggolfer Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:14 am

Was Matty H injured ???. Gr8 report Old sod !!! Thanks ⚽

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 am

ill apparently
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 am

How is Kayne, looked like he picked up an hamstring injury yesterday
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:35 am

0523mr wrote:How is Kayne, looked like he picked up an hamstring injury yesterday

It's a slight pull and not too serious, so I understand. Don't know if he'll be right for Wednesday, though.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Old Sod wrote:
0523mr wrote:How is Kayne, looked like he picked up an hamstring injury yesterday

It's a slight pull and not too serious, so I understand.  Don't know if he'll be right for Wednesday, though.

If it is not that serious, be a good idea to rest him Wednesday
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks for the report Ancient Turf....was busy taking the Durham Welshman to his Winter Palace and his exile till Christmas...sounds like we met a decent side which we could have beaten with a little more luck, a little more discipline and a different starting line up...never mind ...it is though important to learn from this defeat ....and bounce back with a good away performance next league game we play...I can't believe KM elbowed someone in the chest though...I thought we were playing Stratford not Lilliput!.....Look out Port Talbot...backlash time....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Did anyone else think that Kerry was stood on by their No.6 yesterday and that is the reason he reacted the way he did. Did anyone else see this or were my eyes mistaken?
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm

jrm235 wrote:Did anyone else think that Kerry was stood on by their No.6 yesterday and that is the reason he reacted the way he did. Did anyone else see this or were my eyes mistaken?

He may have been but that's irrelevant.  He should not have retaliated the way he did.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Old Sod wrote:
jrm235 wrote:Did anyone else think that Kerry was stood on by their No.6 yesterday and that is the reason he reacted the way he did. Did anyone else see this or were my eyes mistaken?

He may have been but that's irrelevant.  He should not have retaliated the way he did.

Yeah 100% he shouldn't of but just wondering if there was a stamp
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  treharrismartyr80 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 pm

From where i was stood near the dugout there was not a stamp just an overreaction from an idiot who has ended up costing us the game

treharrismartyr80

Back to top Go down

Post  mandrake Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Exactly. Twisted Evil
mandrake
mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 pm

I think it is a little unfair to call someone who has won us matches , scored goals, created goals and tackled back ' an idiot' ....we ALL make mistakes ...otherwise as my Mother regularly informs me...I wouldn't have been born...I agree he does on occasion appear over-exuberant and sometimes tackles with both feet...but if you take the passion out of the little fella he wouldn't be the same player....his skill and commitment has won us more points than he has cost us...and I sincerely hope he will learn from the disappointment and silence on the team bus and from any future suspension ...as with the talent available within this squad it may prove more difficult to regain his place in the team....but i do not think it appropriate to pillory someone for one-off 'crime' of passion...if it happens again then maybe....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Have to agree with that.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  treharrismartyr80 Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

So elbowing somebody in the chest for no real reason is the behaviour of a rational person and not an idiot and because he has won us points his actions can be excused. jocolor jocolor

treharrismartyr80

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:38 am

I would think Kerry has learned a valuable lesson, I'm sure he realises he has let down both team mates & supporters alike. Sometimes you have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward and I'm sure it will hit home even further when he has to sit out his 3 match ban and will also have to fight to regain his place in the team if his replacement does well in his absence.

We have plenty of games to play this season & I'm sure Kerry will make a significant contribution in the season ahead in our quest for promotion to the premier league.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 am

Who can say what 'a rational' person is ? I have lived my entire life in Merthyr mate...I have seen many a 'rational person' do things in the heat of the moment...sober or otherwise...on and off a sports field..and I am sure most of the Forumites will testify too that when the red mist descends....rational thought goes out of the window...I am not excusing or condoning his actions...I didn't witness it first hand...but I think referring to someone as an 'idiot' is too strong a phrase...misguided...impulsive...reactionary....all are more appropriate than questioning someone's intelligence....I support all the players who pull on that famous shirt ....after all the person who doesn't make is a mistake is a person that's does nothing.....Kerry Morgan doors plenty and is one of our most talented players....I love watching him play....I do prefer to watch him ON the pitch but he is young and will mature he will soon learn that he can't influence the game from the stands......I love your 'idiotic' jester icons by the way....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  treharrismartyr80 Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:18 am

Boz1964 wrote:Who can say what 'a rational' person is ? I have lived my entire life in Merthyr mate...I have seen many a 'rational person' do things in the heat of the moment...sober or otherwise...on and off a sports field..and I am sure most of the Forumites will testify too that when the red mist descends....rational thought goes out of the window...I am not excusing or condoning his actions...I didn't witness it first hand...but I think referring to someone as an 'idiot' is too strong a phrase...misguided...impulsive...reactionary....all are more appropriate than questioning someone's intelligence....I support all the players who pull on that famous shirt ....after all the person who doesn't make is a mistake is a person that's does nothing.....Kerry Morgan doors plenty and is one of our most talented players....I love watching him play....I do prefer to watch him ON the pitch but he is young and will mature he will soon learn that  he can't influence the game from the stands......I love your 'idiotic' jester icons by the way....Boz
kerry morgan young? Hes 25 or 26 years old by which age he should have matured and if he hasn't then maybe there is an underlying issue that he may need help and secondly you need to remove your tongue from his arse as you're a grown man an this infatuation you have with him is unhealthy and quite frankly embarrassing, now get over it and support the players who will actually be on the pitch......love always treharrismartyr xx

treharrismartyr80

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 am

I can see you enjoy being controversial Mr Treharris...infatuation...I think you have a strange mind...and then end it ....love always...I think there is a job going as an internet troll in the job centre you might be interested in ....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Shouldn't this thread be titled Saturday's team....?

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Todays Team - Page 2 Empty Saturdays result

Post  CF34martyr Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Boz1964 wrote:I can see you enjoy being controversial Mr Treharris...infatuation...I think you have a strange mind...and then end it ....love always...I think there is a job going as an internet troll in the job centre you might be interested in ....Boz

Boz.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one,and well done for the reserved reply.
Most forum members have disagreed at sometime or other,but almost always done in a civil manner when it comes to differences of opinion.Give this one a wide berth, not  someone to "rationalise " with at all.

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2