Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town

+5
Boz1964
Old Sod
Merthyr Imp
Cyfarthfa
MartyrMann
9 posters

Go down

Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town Empty Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town

Post  MartyrMann Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:24 am

This coming Saturday(26th July), we enterain Welsh Premier club Port Talbot Town in our fifth pre-season game, kick off is 1:00pm at the Cigg-E Stadium
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town Empty Re: Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town

Post  Cyfarthfa Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 am

Think this game will give us a clear indication of what the Final Squad is likely to be. Barring players on Hols and Possible late signings I would think we would see the nucleus of the squad this Saturday against Port Talbot who will give us our first stern test of this pre-season.

Thought Dan MacDonald showed he could be a real asset (based on the AFC Porth game). Sharp football brain with a clear eye for goal (you could see how he has scored so many goals for Monmouth).  Will be interesting to see how he performs against tougher opposition.

Looking forward to Saturday with anticipation.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 am

KPT1950 wrote:Think this game will give us a clear indication of what the Final Squad is likely to be. Barring players on Hols and Possible late signings I would think we would see the nucleus of the squad this Saturday against Port Talbot who will give us our first stern test of this pre-season.

Thought Dan MacDonald showed he could be a real asset (based on the AFC Porth game). Sharp football brain with a clear eye for goal (you could see how he has scored so many goals for Monmouth).  Will be interesting to see how he performs against tougher opposition.

Looking forward to Saturday with anticipation.

As we play host to a tougher opposition than what we have come up against so far in Pre-Season, I hope that both Goalkeepers will have more to do because so far we have no clear indication of who will be first choice Goalkeeper as both haven't had a lot to do
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

An 8-page match programme will be available for this match - price just 50p.

It will include Secretary's notes and a history of the visitors.

As usual, copies of the programme can also be supplied by post on application to John Strand: strand@salisburyclose.fsnet.co.uk
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:An 8-page match programme will be available for this match - price just 50p.

It will include Secretary's notes and a history of the visitors.

As usual, copies of the programme can also be supplied by post on application to John Strand: strand@salisburyclose.fsnet.co.uk

It also includes the names of the shirt sponsors.  Have a look at the Shirt Sponsorship 2014-15 thread as well as the programme to see who's available and my contact details are on both should you want to sponsor a shirt this season.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:54 am

Port Talbot were the best team we have played so far in pre-season....their fitness level didn't drop like the other teams we have played at the 70 minute mark....thought their centre half had a good game , as did Ryan Green & Jarrod Wright who were the men of the match for me...Mattie 'google earth ' Harris took his goal well and Kayne McLaggon didn't stop running....we seemed a little shot why though until The Prossiah came on though...pleasantly surprised too abou the Monmouth Michael J Fox...he looks one for the 'future' ...lovely pass distribution...all round we look solid defensively and fit....only negative need to put away the chances....as a fan much rather the 4 3 edge of the seat wins of last season ...but this squad has win and promotion written all over them...hope it wasn't Lino Peter the painters fault....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:39 am

Good summing up Boz. As Regards the Monmouth Michael J Fox, he's hardly one for the future, He's 26, so i'd say it's back to the present for him & I think he could well make a big impact this season.

An all round well disciplined and organised performance today by all of the players, bodes well for the coming season, well done SJ, GW, SW and all of the players for such a display in such Hot and body sapping conditions, everyone looks much fitter and sharper than last season.

Looking forward to the coming season with real optimism.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 am

We seem to be getting better and better as Pre-Season moves along, every player seems sharp and fit, can't wait until the season begins. Very Happy 
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:23 am

A good game today and we were in control for virtually all of it.  It was our sternest test in our pre season games and we came through it with flying colours. 

The goal was excellent.  Good interplay between Kayne & Kerry on our left and Kerry sent in a hard low cross which arrived at Matthew's feet at the far post and he sent in a powerful shot from about 5 yards which the keeper couldn't keep out.  Fair play, Matthew is deadly from 5 yards!

We had the majority of the game with Port Toilet having sporadic breaks.  We had further chances, particularly in the 2nd half but we just couldn't convert them and it was a very emphatic 1-0 win.  Everyone had a good game.  We also had a "handbags melee" when Newms seemed to be butted which was entertaining.  Bradley wasn't really tested but he made a couple of good catches and both Willo & Adam Davies looked solid on the flanks as well as energetic when they went forward.  Green & Jarrad were also rock like at the back and that back 4 who played most of the game looked good.  In saying that when Owain Warlow, Tub & Dan game on as replacements we still looked good. Matthew, Newms & Gavin ran the midfield & Kerry, Kane & Trayls also played well upfront.  Again when we made substitutions in midfield and upfront, McDonald, Marcus, Pross & Crumbs all fitted in well and they seem to know the roles they have to play.

When you consider we were missing Keds,Rewbs, Leekie & Adie Harris today plus others such as Jenkins, Gilo and our u19 lads it will be very interesting to see who's released as obviously we can't afford the number of players we currently have playing for us.  I don't envy our management team as they are going to have to make some very difficult decisions in the coming days/weeks and I'm sure we will not all agree with some of the names who may be released.  However I'm sure that SJ, G & SW will make those decisions in the best interest of the club and we should support them on that basis.  Good luck boys! 

Roll on Tuesday.  It's normally a good game against the Swansea Development side and I'm looking forward to it already.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 am

Old Sod wrote:A good game today and we were in control for virtually all of it.  It was our sternest test in our pre season games and we came through it with flying colours. 

The goal was excellent.  Good interplay between Kayne & Kerry on our left and Kerry sent in a hard low cross which arrived at Matthew's feet at the far post and he sent in a powerful shot from about 5 yards which the keeper couldn't keep out.  Fair play, Matthew is deadly from 5 yards!

We had the majority of the game with Port Toilet having sporadic breaks.  We had further chances, particularly in the 2nd half but we just couldn't convert them and it was a very emphatic 1-0 win.  Everyone had a good game.  We also had a "handbags melee" when Newms seemed to be butted which was entertaining.  Bradley wasn't really tested but he made a couple of good catches and both Willo & Adam Davies looked solid on the flanks as well as energetic when they went forward.  Green & Jarrad were also rock like at the back and that back 4 who played most of the game looked good.  In saying that when Owain Warlow, Tub & Dan game on as replacements we still looked good. Matthew, Newms & Gavin ran the midfield & Kerry, Kane & Trayls also played well upfront.  Again when we made substitutions in midfield and upfront, McDonald, Marcus, Pross & Crumbs all fitted in well and they seem to know the roles they have to play.

When you consider we were missing Keds,Rewbs, Leekie & Adie Harris today plus others such as Jenkins, Gilo and our u19 lads it will be very interesting to see who's released as obviously we can't afford the number of players we currently have playing for us.  I don't envy our management team as they are going to have to make some very difficult decisions in the coming days/weeks and I'm sure we will not all agree with some of the names who may be released.  However I'm sure that SJ, G & SW will make those decisions in the best interest of the club and we should support them on that basis.  Good luck boys! 

Roll on Tuesday.  It's normally a good game against the Swansea Development side and I'm looking forward to it already.

I am also looking forward to Tuesday evening as the Swansea Development side are managed by a family member of mine
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 am

Old Sod wrote:
McDonald, Marcus, Pross & Crumbs all fitted in well

Crumbs?
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Old Sod wrote:

Crumbs?

Aaron Cornwall
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:43 am

I thought it was green that was head butted,it took four of their team to hold him to stop him getting to the number seven of P.T,good game though.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Town v Port Talbot Town Empty MERTHYR TOWN vs Port Talbot Town

Post  PeterHarman Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:57 am

Just uploaded a few images from today's game

PeterHarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Old Sod wrote:

Crumbs?

Apparently Aaron is a bit of a messy eater!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:27 pm

rustic wrote:I thought it was green that was head butted,it took four of their team to hold him to stop him getting to the number seven of P.T,good game though.

You may be right, Rustic.  I was behind the goal but was sparking one up when the incident happened, so it was a guess.  Green was certainly going for the #7 and he had a very good game.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Old Sod wrote:I was ... was sparking one up...
As Harry H would say - "You... dirty... old... man"!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:15 pm

we look 110% fitter and u must congratulate the management for it.
we r keeping our shape well with and without the ball something that was lacking last season .
its going to be interesting who we keep .
MacDonald looks a very good player lovely passing and movement and he can run with the ball u can see how he got 42 goals last season .
our defense looks so much better solid and organized
as for the coming season we keep this up and get even fitter with the current squad we got i can see a very good season ahead.
well done tot he board for the appointment 100% the right guy and team.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Ryan Green looks a very good signing
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down