Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dial M for Merthyr issue 48

+4
MattMartyr87
Dial M For Merthyr Zine
muscles76
Boz1964
8 posters

Go down

Dial M for Merthyr issue 48  Empty Dial M for Merthyr issue 48

Post  Boz1964 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you lads for the entertaining articles in the lads mag...it was interesting to note that Merthyr's fan base is extremely cosmopolitan having a Cider Drinking Blackwood Manic Street Preaching sheep, a mad Scotsman who supports Wales buts eats a continental liquid (Heineken , Stella Artois) breakfast
a Chairman who lives by reference to a little red book and a Snake Valley cameraman who prefers watching a non league team to a premiership team who survive on prawn crackers and are now called Redbird City.....with supporters direct like this who travel from the Cliffs of Bristol or by Underground from Abergavenny gopher style it is no wonder they are not just fans but fanatics....best one liner from the magazine...the high six from our kissing cousins in Chippenham....With the prudent management of our top hotelier .....the Strand at the helm and a multitude of communist supporters in wheelchairs and other devices that make up our community club..a sum cannot be greater than its parts ....but it is not just Dial M for Merthyr but dial M for Marvellous?....we are Merthyr ...we own our football club....if we get promoted great...but that is is small potatoes ....how we are still here is a miracle....it should be dial M for a Miracle...
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Dial M for Merthyr issue 48  Empty Re: Dial M for Merthyr issue 48

Post  muscles76 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 pm

yes very good edition well done lads.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Dial M For Merthyr Zine Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 am

Thanks to everyone who bought the issue yesterday, it seemed well received. We might get another along in a few months for the start of next season to commemorate 10 years of the Trust.

We raised almost £200 to go towards looking after the Ex-players when they have their annual reunion at Penydarren Park on Easter Monday.

If you weren't at PP yesterday then drop me a line via wolvesy@yahoo.co.uk and we'll get one out to you.

Dial M For Merthyr Zine

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 am

Well done lads!!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm still reading mine. Excellent stuff. And well done Obnoxious for that heartfelt intro.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 am

Had a great time reading this on Sunday and the old man loved it as well. Here's to many more. Some serious song choices on the back by the way  Cool 
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Since I didn't come over Saturday I got my dad to pick up a copy. Can't wait to read it. I have a cut'n'paste fanzine of my own and absolutely love handmade fanzines.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Dial M for Merthyr issue 48  Empty dial M FOR merthyr music /rock festival 2015

Post  marcogilo Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

Very Happy 
muscles76 wrote:yes very good edition well done lads.

dial m team
please please will you run the music /rock festival next year kick arse we get the same bands every year why ?
same crowd thanks alot best wishes...
good luck next issue ..up the town ...

marcogilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

Got mine.  Brilliant! Fair play.

Out of interest I write a zine myself that is sort of film themed but I also cover other popular culture themes such as VHS age nostalgia, fashion, music, 8 bit and retro gaming and so on.  I tend to do this in a cut and paste style.  Would the Dial M zinesters be interested in me putting together a page in collage style as a contribution to the next issue of Dial M?  These are the only areas I really write confidently on, but if you like I ll give it a go.

My fanzines are here: http://www.myfanzines.talktalk.net/ Issues 3 and 4 are currently sold out.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down