Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assistance Required

5 posters

Go down

Assistance Required Empty Assistance Required

Post  meurid p Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm

A terrific amount of maintenance work has been done by just a handful of Supporters and as a Club we are very grateful to these volunteers, however there are a couple of jobs which have been started but now need completion. I am appealing to any supporter who is either an electrician, a plumber or possesses carpentry skills if they would be prepared to donate to the club their services for just one day, if there are such tradesmen in our Club their one days donation would enable the part completed jobs to be tied up. All materials will be supplied by the Club that's all we need is your skills. There are other jobs to be completed but they will be done by some of our volunteers. If you are able to help the Club in any way please contact Colin Bodenham on 07772567302 and Colin can show you what jobs need doing.

In anticipation Many thanks

Meurig

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Post  meurid p Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:31 am

132 people have read this posting, guess how many have phoned Colin.

meurid p

Back to top Go down

Assistance Required Empty Re: Assistance Required

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 am

Of course it could be that a good many people - like me - don't have the skills required, but Meurig mentions work having been done by just a handful of supporters, and this is an opportunity again to emphasise that almost everything to do with the club is the work of volunteers.

I keep banging on in the match programme at intervals about this, but it still needs saying - the club is run by the supporters for the supporters. There's no 'the club' any more, WE are the club. It's all right saying 'the club' should do this or that, or it would be a good idea to do such and such, but it needs someone to do it. If there's no volunteer to do it, then however good the suggestion it won't get done. That applies to practical work as mentioned here, administration, fundraising or whatever.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  smallfeet Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:19 am

meurid p wrote:132 people have read this posting, guess how many have phoned Colin.
Yes very disappointing I am happy to give my time to cleaning and painting but don't have the skills of a handyman, if some one knows of a good cheap one can you let me know I don't mind funding some work that needs doing, call it a xmas present for oldsod

smallfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 am

Most people don't realise how much work a football club entails.And most are probably not concerned, only being interested in turning up to watch a game.
It was easy for supporters to criticise former owners of the club- they were a handy target!
But still we hear of the club as being THEY, as The Imp points out. There are lots of volunteers doing lots of things,as has always been pointed out. Some practical work needed to be done needs skilled tradesmen- if anyone can help, I am sure they will be welcomed.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 am

I for one have phoned Colin and will be up the Park on Monday with my tools.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:59 am

It's good to see so many good supporters who live outside the borough.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  smallfeet Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 am

Back at the park today, you can now see its taking shape still more to be done can anyone give me some plumbing tips ??

smallfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum