Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would we need for next season

+19
RJONES90
Mountain Ash
meurid p
dubchek
P45
rustic
Benji
muscles76
Merthyr Imp
cliffyboy
MattMartyr87
hirwaunman
Durhamexile
Boz1964
Wandering
scamp
Tim Drummond
CF48 MARTYR
Royston Rogers
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What would we need for next season - Page 4 Empty Re: What would we need for next season

Post  MattMartyr87 Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 am

Social Media is a massive now and I think we are doing pretty good with it so far! Lets keep it up!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

What would we need for next season - Page 4 Empty Re: What would we need for next season

Post  Merthyr Imp Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 am

Mountain Ash wrote:One thing I would like to see for next season is media person in place along the lines of what James Bayliss used to do. I don't know if that could be incorporated into existing roles (such as business development) or it is something that would benefit from another voluntary role.

Yes, I'd agree with that. The way I see it we could do with someone to act as a kind of 'clearing house' to obtain, co-ordinate and pass on all the news relating to the club to the people responsible for the website, press, match programme, this forum, Facebook, Twitter, etc, and maybe even take the lead in ensuring those last three have all the latest news him/herself.

Steve Lloyd as Business Development Manager was largely (but not completely) responsible for the website and had a lot of responsibility for last season's programme design if not content, but I don't know whether this 'media and communications' role could be part of that job as well - I imagine one person might not be able to fully manage both. It does seem like another volunteer post if someone could be found.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Tue May 21, 2013 8:04 am

I think to tie in with what Kathleen suggested about community volunteers this would definitely be the ideal role. Firstly since it would tie in with a number of college courses and enable students to gain practical hands-on experience of working with media, pr and so on.

It's not that our media operation is bad, it isn't bad by a long way. But it is somewhat decentralised. So we end up with lots of questions on the forum because there is stuff not getting out to fans or members. As you say, it really needs a focal point.

When it works though- it works really well. Really, really well!

edited to add:

Such a focal point would have to be something that belongs to the club as a whole rather than be under an individual (if that makes sense)- ie be a function of the club that could be passed on to an individual to administer but ownership retained by MTFC. Nothing worse than being shut out of your own website because the person who has the password has cleared off. It happens, trust me Smile
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  P45 Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 am

MattMartyr87 wrote:Social Media is a massive now and I think we are doing pretty good with it so far! Lets keep it up!

Doing a great service for your club,many thanks to yourself and your gang...

However, it would be great if our board would allow you to travel to away matches on the team coach,to film some away games,?????????????????????.

P45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4