Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swindon Supermarine Match Programme

3 posters

Go down

Swindon Supermarine Match Programme Empty Swindon Supermarine Match Programme

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Some highlights from the programme for this game:

* The 'Memory Lane' match features a win over Burton Albion during the run-in to promotion to the Conference in 1989.

* A feature on play-offs in football and Merthyr’s two previous experiences of them.

* Match reports up to and including Saturday’s game at Yate.

* The latest news of Merthyr Valley Dragons.

* Phil Mack updates his look back at the season’s away trips to include last week’s games.

Plus all the usual features, informnation and stats. Don't miss your programme at the big game - £1.50 at the ground or contact John Strand for a copy to be posted to you: strand@salisburyclose.fsnet.co.uk

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Swindon Supermarine Match Programme Empty Re: Swindon Supermarine Match Programme

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 am

Well for me, in terms of doing the match programme the season is over, and like the players from next week I can have a month or two off.

But we should remember there are a good many people involved in running the club and carrying out various duties who will still have lots to do throughout the summer and I think they deserve all our thanks.

On here and in the programme I keep banging on at intervals about how almost everything off the field at the club is done by volunteers giving up their time, and I think this can't be emphasised enough. People say now and again that such and such ought to be done by the club - well, always remember it needs someone to do it. And the higher we climb up the leagues, as we hope to do, the more there is that's going to need doing. So why not get on board and offer your own services? It all helps to build up the club, and you can feel that part of nights like last night at Penydarren Park can even in a small way be down to you.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Swindon Supermarine Match Programme Empty Re: Swindon Supermarine Match Programme

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 am

Very well said! I was a proud young man last night! Very Happy

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Swindon Supermarine Match Programme Empty Contributions to the programme

Post  Club Shop Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

A very good artist I know is interested in doing a football related cartoon strip for the programme. Who should they contact about this and are the programme editors open to new ideas like this?
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Vaughany wrote:A very good artist I know is interested in doing a football related cartoon strip for the programme. Who should they contact about this and are the programme editors open to new ideas like this?

Yes, that's me - Malcolm Johnson - you can email me at malc.johnson@talk21.com.

Would it actually be a strip or just a single cartoon each time? Would it be Merthyr-related or football in general?

What do people think - would you like to see something like that in the programme?

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Club Shop Wed May 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Cheers Malcolm. He said he can do either: a cartoon strip or one off cartoons. When we spoke about recently we talked about a Merthyr related cartoon strip. He'll be in touch.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah I think that would be great!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Vaughany wrote:Cheers Malcolm. He said he can do either: a cartoon strip or one off cartoons. When we spoke about recently we talked about a Merthyr related cartoon strip. He'll be in touch.

No-one has contacted me about this yet.  If the person concerned is still interested in having a cartoon or cartoon strip appear in the programme please ask him to email me: malc.johnson@talk21.com.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum