Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cornwall ?

+4
scamp
Club Shop
Merthyr Imp
muscles76
8 posters

Go down

cornwall ? Empty cornwall ?

Post  muscles76 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 am

whats your thoughts on him since he been here ? flower
myself he ineffective in most games, dont get me wrong he got a nice touch and a tricky player but a liability at times to the squad .

muscles76

Back to top Go down

cornwall ? Empty Re: cornwall ?

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 am

Well, he was my man of the match against Winchester, being involved in several of the goals despite not scoring himself. Admittedly that was against weak opposition, and there have been matches when he's been a little disappointing at times. From what I've seen of him, his main attribute is his strength (and can be tricky at times, as said) and at his best is not easy to knock off the ball - in some ways he does remind me at times of Garry Shephard. I'm not convinced he's enough of a goalscorer to be playing as one of two strikers, and I think behind the front two is his best position. He has got a good left foot though, which is always useful to have in the side.

I wouldn't describe him as a 'liability' at all, but as a very useful member of the squad - although if everyone was fit and available he wouldn't be in my idea of our strongest lineup whatever formation we play.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am

i like preen and would like to she him alongside prosser she what it would happen , i reckon preen is raw talent just needs good run in the team .
i wonder if alex long will get a run next 3 games this week id play him tuesday myself

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 am

muscles76 wrote:i like preen and would like to she him alongside prosser she what it would happen , i reckon preen is raw talent just needs good run in the team .

There again, I wouldn't say Garyn Preen (from what I've seen of him) is a goalscorer either. He's really a right winger. He'd be OK as one of a front three, but I'm not sure as one of just two up front. As you say, we'd have to see what happened.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

cornwall ? Empty Cornwall

Post  Club Shop Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Cornwall should be scoring more goals as the second striker. He has got some decent touches but that's not enough. I'm surprised he's started so many games. Whether we go up or not this season I think we need to sign a '15-20 goals a season' player for 2013/14.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

If we get six points from our next two games I would play the lad alex song along side prosser on sunday.As for cornwall I have mixed feelings.He has skill but he is not and never has been a prolific goal scorer.In my opinion one of the laziest forward to play for Merthyr was ray pratt but he would score goals for fun,this is why Exeter paid us 15000 pound for him.

scamp

Back to top Go down

cornwall ? Empty Cornwall

Post  Boz1964 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 pm

The joke boz jury is still out on cornwall at the moment....his best attribute for me is his touch...it can be golden at times...I agree with the imp in that he does set up more goals than score them...and his rocket like finish against man utd...arsenal or real Madrid that we played....told you imp...I have the short term memory of a dead goldfish....was absolutely sublime....and my goal of the season and worth the £8.00 admission fee on its own...but I think his body language doesn't do him credit as he looks like he doesn't care on the pitch...and like Abel tarrant for QPR looks like a talented genius when he feels like playing....it could be as I don't know the lad personally that he is just laid back and to have a successful team you need to have a mixture of personalities and talents and styles on and off the pitch....he did have a great game against winchester he looked like he wanted to play and got stuck in....but i dont think that is his game....anyway I like the current squad as I think we are blessed with some fine players and a great bunch of lads at our community club....don't forget it his first season as it is garyn preen and others....and they will need time to gel and find their place at the club....on a separate issue...preens fast running style amazes me as he keeps his upper body still while his legs look as if they belong to someone else...tre forest gump style....willo too has a strange gait too as he takes giant strides...like a thoroughbred racehorse...whilst Marcus runs with a perfect balance....and gets to the ball first ...but all the while looking like he will be pushed over......and that little whippet Traylor is so fast with the ball he just leaves a vapour trail....must be nice to be a sportsman....us couch potatoes can only admire their sporting abilities....i wish i could have played football as well as cornwall , harris and co.....they are a credit to merthyr....up the town...boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Ash Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:55 pm

I haven't really been to much away this season and can only make it over to Merthyr on the weekends so I may not have seen him play as often as some here. I did mention to Mrs M that I thought he was a little inconsistent, sometimes he doesn't seem to be interested or involved at all. In other games I've seen him play he seems the complete opposite.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

cornwall ? Empty Cornwall?

Post  hirwaunman Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 am

I'd say Ryan Prosser has done extremely well this year after a somewhat sticky start and yes, his goal tally speaks for itself. He is sometimes outmuscled by big defenders but compensates for that by being better with his feet than the average beanpole centre forward. However, he needs a more consistent and effective strike partner. I see Aaron Cornwall not in that role but more as a creative midfielder - he is still finding his way in the team and will come good against teams who rely more on football than the biff and bang stuff. Hopefully, if things go our way, he will meet more of them next season.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 am

Both Preen and Cornwall signings were announced as strikers. Preen has pace and is effectively a wide man, in my opinion, although he has sometimes been called a striker. Cornwall is very good on the ball with some amazing control but I think fans usually call for more direct play from him because they are sometimes impatient. I think Cornwall is basically a midfield player although he can score goals as has been seen.
Most of the goals this season have come from Prosser and Traylor, the latter mainly earlier in the season as he was sidelined or substitute for some time after injury.
Marcus Griffiths tends to score when coming off the bench but he, I think, prefers playing up front rather than on the flank.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down