Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan)

+2
hirwaunman
MattMartyr87
6 posters

Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan)

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi everyone!

Bit of a delay from the new year's day game which I couldn't make Sad

Nice to see the lads pick up a run of form away from home too!

Here you go!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan)

Post  hirwaunman Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Thanks MattMartyr for these crisply edited highlights. They should encourage floating fans who follow this forum to come along to a game.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Re: Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan)

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 am

Yes, there's plenty of coverage for Merthyr Town and it would be good to see a boost in attendances.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Re: Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan)

Post  MattMartyr87 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks guys. It's still early days for Martyrs TV as you know so any coverage on the Club is great.

I am a little surprised at attendances this season actually. Remember last good Friday against Bitton I think it was? Nearound 800 people? I thought we would be getting closer to 350/400 a game when we went up.

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

Yes, attendances have been disappointing - we're getting 200s where we used to get 300s last season. It's difficult to know why, unless it's just the number of draws and defeats we've suffered at home (including cup games) - yet we're still 3rd in the table! Maybe not as well placed in terms of being in touch with top spot as last season when we were similarly placed, but certainly not out of it, and with a play-off place to go for. We do seem to have had a lot of Tuesday night matches this season (with more to come!) and we always seem to get fewer for them at the best of times.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

I think a few people find the entry fee expensive. I try to encourage my brother to pop over but I think he's put off by the price. I know there's not a lot that can be done about that.

I was working away at West London Uni last year and I saw a really good ticket offer from Brentford. You could get a ticket, pie and a piny for 10 quid! For a League 2 team that is a brilliant deal. I heard off their Student Union that they sell at least 500/600 tickets when they do this.

I'm not sure what we could do but it would be nice to see some deals in place to attract skint younger fans.

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm

MattMartyr87 wrote:You could get a ticket, pie and a pint for 10 quid!
Great idea, but it wouldn't work here. You'd have to contend with Pieman and the club sec for food and booze - no chance!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 pm

I didn't think we could to be honest. I'm sure there's somthing we can do as an incentive to College students. Obviously I'm not sure how easy can be.

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm

There's supposed to be a concession price for students - £6:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/merthyrtown/a/match-day-prices-23958.html

I don't know how it operates though.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Match highlights

Post  Boz1964 Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Great to see matt the martyrs mini films....in live matches you don't always see or be able to savour the goals....so thanks very much....as part of the community club...the martyrs tv adds something that brings life and a modern approach to the grass roots game....a big thank you to all concerned....on the student issue my son has be charged student rates on production of a student card....although the bank of dad usually pays....boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

There have been lots of discussions about admission prices and I know it is a difficult situation.
The club decided to cut the normal charges for the League Cup game with Yate Town. Did that work? It was the lowest gate of the season- 142. So the club probably ended up worse off. I know there is not a lot of interest in that competition but it must be demoralising to the players to parade before a poor attendance.
There were 513 for the FA Cup tie with Hungerford in September and two gates at the end of lat season of more than 700.
People say they wouldn't pay £8 to watch Merthyr but will often spend more than that on three pints of beer in about 90 minutes!
It seems to me that we can only expect big gates for one-off matches (Big Cup games or when we need to draw or win for promotion) and 300 or so for a Saturday game is about our limit at present. And bear in mind that Merthyr are the best supported team in Div 1 of the Southern League!
We would all like to see bigger attendances on a regular basis but in the meantime the club have to budget on a realistic basis.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah that is a valid point! Maybe we are asking too much to get good regular crowds.

I believe that the 3g may increase crowd numbers as well. The amount of coverage that will get may help get people throught the gates. Especially if the boys are doing well in the league

Ps. Thanks for the positive comments on Martyrs Tv, we are not 100 per cent happy with everything yet but its still a young project

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Match Highlights (V Evesham Utd 1st Jan) Empty Merthyr v Evesham

Post  Boz1964 Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 pm

There are many factors that influence Merthyr fans....there will always be the Bruce willis's there will always be the 300 spartans or die hard fans....but the weather...bank holidays...money and clashes with internationals etc or big sporting events...are also factors....fans are also fickle....they like to support a winning team and like to get their money's worth ....£8.00 is a lot to some...in Merthyr...but £8.00 isn't what it was in comparison to fish n chips £5.oo and a pint ...£3.oo or so....either you want to follow a team or you don't...as we progress up to the championship and eventually the Barclays premiership the crowds will return....and hopefully the martyrs tv boys can sell their products to motd too.....ever the optimist ..boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 am

Yeh the further we go up, the attention will grow! Fickle fans are a pain in my eyes!

Premier League in a numbers of years anyway! Haha!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down