Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR v Didcot

+12
Wandering
stevie g
rustic
Old Sod
scamp
Merthyr Imp
Boz1964
joan of ark
J3
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
sues56
Solihull Martyr
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MERTHYR v Didcot - Page 2 Empty Re: MERTHYR v Didcot

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 am

I expect the next comment re the gates will be that we can't expect big crowds in the build-up to Christmas!!!!
When you consider that we are one of the best supported clubs in the Southern League, it just shows how non-league attendances have slumped. Merthyr's gates have varied this season between 142 and 513.
Sadly, the fan base suggests that this is our level or possibly SL Premier at the best. We don't seem to pick up when Cardiff City are away. We have been fortunate to earn a valuable sum through the Cups this season.
In the Conference days, Cardiff were struggling which helped the Martyrs cause.
We have to rely on the hard core of loyal fans. Many others are Merthyr supporters as long as they aren't actually expected to turn up and watch matches.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigbri Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am

Off the Didcot web site :-

Merthyr 3-0 Diddy

Didcot's long trek into Wales yesterday ended in defeat at Merthyr Town and probably our most disappointing display in the past two months.

Admittedly the conditions and the pitch were tricky, but it was the same for both sides, and Merthyr adapted far better on the day and deserved their victory.

Diddy rarely looked like getting anything out of it after we fell behind on 38 minutes. Two further goals just after the break knocked the stuffing out of us. It finished 3-0 in front of 271 hardy souls.

Our cause wasn't helped by losing Elliot Osborne-Ricketts through injury on 42 minutes, and he must now be a doubt for the Oxon derby at the Loop on Tuesday evening. With our small squad and with games coming thick and fast between now and Christmas we need to keep players fit and on the pitch.
Bigbri
Bigbri

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Didcot - Page 2 Empty MERTHYR v Didcot

Post  CF48 MARTYR Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 am

I though it was a far more solid looking shape and performance all round from the Town.

Didcot did offer much, but I dont think we let them really, and scored at important times with some well executed finishes.

I think the changes in personell mixed it up abit and I would be suprised if we didnt see a similar line up at Shortwood this weekend, albeit (Thomas for Colborne) due to suspension.

One thing I dont understand is what these clubs consider to be "long treks" to Merthyr.. Didcot is barely 2 hours, and 2 motorways from Merthyr, which certainly isnt a "long trek" in my book.

God some of these clubs when the Southern League saw the likes of, Dover, Folkestone, Margate, Truro, Grantham & Kings Lyn in its ranks... (now there are some "long treks")

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2