Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungerford away rearrangement

5 posters

Go down

Hungerford away rearrangement Empty Hungerford away rearrangement

Post  Jamie Mack Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Match will be played Monday 3 December due to our FA Trophy involvement on 27 October, 7.45pm k/o.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hungerford away rearrangement Empty Hungerford vs MERTHYR

Post  hirwaunman Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm

That won't be an easy one after being away at Winchester on the Saturday. I wonder why not a Tuesday or Wednesday fixture?

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Hungerford away rearrangement Empty Re: Hungerford away rearrangement

Post  scamp Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 pm

likewise why cannot the cup match with yate be altered to another night to avoid the world cup qualifyers.yate agreed with the price reduction i am sure they might co operate if such a request was made.It will be hard enough to entice supporters even with a price reduction for this cup match but to compete with the telly as well we are banging our heads against the wall

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 pm

hirwaunman wrote:That won't be an easy one after being away at Winchester on the Saturday. I wonder why not a Tuesday or Wednesday fixture?

Our away cup replay with Hungerford a couple of weeks or so ago was also on a Monday night. Looking at their fixture list it seems that Monday is Hungerford's regular night for midweek games. Don't know why.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm

scamp wrote:likewise why cannot the cup match with yate be altered to another night to avoid the world cup qualifyers.

In the thread a while ago headed 'Cup Fixtures' Jamie Mack gave the reason as 'we were unable to move the game due to player availability.'

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:33 pm

If Hungerford play their "midweek" games on a Monday ( as several clubs are doing now although it seems too close to the Saturday game to me) we can hardly dictate to them when WE want to play!
And presumably SL Cup dates are provided by the SL.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Hungerford away rearrangement Empty Hungerford Away Rearrangement

Post  hirwaunman Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 pm

As Hungerford will have had a difficult away fixture and 120-mile round trip to Wimborne on the Saturday, I suppose it will be at least as tough for them as it could be for us.

All the more reason to wonder what their case is for regular Monday night games, when a Tuesday or Wednesday would allow players more time for recuperation or to shake off the effects of minor knocks after the Saturday game?

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes, I think Monday is not a good choice for games. Perhaps they think they have a chance of a better gate as there are so many matches on Tuesdays.
But looking at attendances everywhere, it seems a struggle for most clubs at all midweek games.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 am

hirwaunman wrote:That won't be an easy one after being away at Winchester on the Saturday. I wonder why not a Tuesday or Wednesday fixture?

At the start of the season you choose your 'midweek' home match night and kick-off time. Hungerford & Mangotsfield have chosen Monday evening. I seem to recall we played some Monday night fixtures four or five years ago.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down