Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRIKER ON MOVE

Go down

STRIKER ON MOVE Empty STRIKER ON MOVE

Post  Tim Drummond Mon May 18, 2020 9:14 am

Cinderford striker James Harding, aged 23, signs for Hungerford.

SEVERN SPORT REPORTS-
Harding bids farewell to The Foresters with 21 goals in all competitions to his name, 13 of which came in the now expunged Southern League Division One South season.

“I’d played against the gaffa’s [Hungerford boss Danny Robinson] teams for a few years when I was at Flackwell Heath in the Hellenic and then at Cinderford in the southern league and had always managed to do well or score against him!

“He asked me if I would be interested in testing myself at that level and for me it was a no brainer. After a few phone calls and meeting up with Danny down at the ground (keeping our 2 metres apart) it was clear to me that this is a great opportunity so I decided to sign.

“It has all happened pretty quickly which for me is great as now I can purely focus on getting myself ready for next season, whenever that may be.”

Harding’s tally of 21 goals from 24 starts was enough to lead the way for The Foresters atop the goalscoring charts, so naturally we had to ask him which one, or ones, stood out to him!

“Personally my favourite goal of the season was probably my first away at AFC Totton; I played a bounce with Hunty [Josh Hunt] and managed to finish from a tight angle. From a team perspective the goal against Merthyr tips it, I think it made 4-4! Have to give Liam Angel credit for the assist, put it on a plate for me.”

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down