Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR

+2
Boz1964
Solihull Martyr
6 posters

Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Harrow Borough v MERTHYR

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:41 am

Team:
Harris
Adam, Patten, Wright, Swallow
Veale, Evans, Lucas
Traylor, Jones, Morgan.

Subs:
Williams, Clarke, Rhys Davies, Jenkins, Meechan
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Re: Harrow Borough v MERTHYR

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:55 am

0-0 HT. Harrow hit the post twice, so we are a bit lucky to be level.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:28 am

1-0 down around midway through the second half.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 am

Lost 1-0
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Narrow at Harrow

Post  Boz1964 Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 am

On a positive two goals better than last year....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit) Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:59 am

oh bugger
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Harrow Borough v Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 am

Harrow Borough 1 Merthyr Town 0. Injuries and unavailability for The Martyrs in their opening game of the season in The BetVictor Southern League.Michael Bryan headed the 60th minute winner. New on-loan signing from Hereford Rhys Davies was a substitute for Kerry Morgan on 57 minutes.Ben Swallow went close to a leveller with a volley.On Tuesday newly-relegated Weston are at Merthyr (7.45pm).Weston drew 2-2 at home to Hendon today.Swallow was with Weston last season before a loan at Merthyr and then he signed for the Town in the summer.Gethyn Hill, with Weston last term, missed the game for Merthyr with injury.Lewis Binns, Jamie Bird, Craig McDonnell and Ryan Prosser also ruled out today. Camden Duncan didn't figure either. He signed for The Martyrs this week, having been released by Cheltenham last season. He has impressed in friendlies. Duncan also had a loan spell with Lydney Town.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Nothing’s changed then?

Post  martyrmark Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:53 am

I last wrote on the Forum, questioning why supporters are left wondering who could possibly be wearing the team shirt come match day? You’d think, with the first game of a new season now come and gone, the club would be eager to offload any sort of news to keep interest at a premium. Unfortunately, we again found ourselves, this time at Harrow, questioning each other. We all guessed that Gethyn Hill and Ryan Prosser hadn’t recovered from pre-season knocks but, after that there was quite a bit of head scratching, as to where other players might be? I even found out that one early season signing, Jamie Bird, had already left the club without kicking a ball. Do you think that is fair? I again stress, believe it or not, in this day and age of social media, news is able to travel fast. A little update on the club’s website or on Twitter is not a lot to ask, surely? Correct me if I’m wrong but, isn’t someone getting paid for this service?

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Nothing’s changed then?

Post  hirwaunman Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:40 am

My understanding is that all social media publicity is done by volunteers, or maybe just one volunteer, and it would be remarkable if one person could keep on top of all that's happening in fast-changing situations. What's probably needed is for a social media savvy person (not a computer-illiterate, geriatric one like me) to step forward to help out, but that would also need constant liaison with those in the know.
My greater concern is GW's downbeat assessment after the Harrow game. If, as seems the case, there are players not enthusiastic enough to wear the shirt or to try hard enough, then they must go. The friendlies were not all against teams of a similar standard, but it looked as if we had the potential for a fit and keen squad to take us forward this season. Wonders are being worked off the field to publicise the facilities at the ground and maximise the revenue from them, but it's really important this season that we mount a realistic challenge for promotion, and maybe even more vital, have a good run in the FA Cup and or Trophy, to give us a financial boost and stimulate local interest. A one-goal loss away in the first game of the season isn't the end of the world, but we do need a really good performance against Weston on Tuesday to give optimism and confidence to all who care about our club.  Up the town!

Last edited by hirwaunman on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 am

OFFICIAL NEWS FROM MERTHYR FC: DATED 25th MAY 2019. STATES: Mackenzie Thomas takes on the role of Press & Media Officer at the club and joins us from Penydarren BGC. Therefore, there seems to be no excuses regarding info. or lack of it about player availability etc. It only takes one question to either Gavin or Dean, the day before. In my opinion, Gavin was spot on with his analysis after our opening game, we were second best. But, with ‘keeper Alex Harris and substitute, on loan defender Rhys Davies being the only ‘new faces’ on show, what did he expect from the rest of the team? These are the same players from the squad he put together last season and were more than disappointing for the majority of it. I too, want to thank all those ‘off the field’ workers for all their continuous hard work. Goodness knows where we’d be otherwise.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Harrow Borough v MERTHYR

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 pm

There has been an improvement in communication since the appointment of Press and Media Officer, who is a student at Merthyr Tydfil College.
But I think that match previews which mention which players are ruled out would be helpful for the fans. This is what happened in the old days when there were newspapers and they previewed games, with the likely squad announced. This isn't always possible, of course,as events can change things. I hadn't heard that Jamie Bird had already left,but it looked as if he would have found it hard to get into the squad on a regular basis.
A difficult start with so many missing from the squad but the manager didn' t use this as an excuse.
It looked to me that the starting line-up at Harrow wasn't likely to score many goals!And we have had to rely on Ian Traylor a lot recently to find the net.
There may have been other players the manager wanted to sign but wasn't able to, for various reasons, as is the case every season for every club.
With a few changes, the squad is largely the same as last term, other than Matthew Harris having signed for Penybont. Six points fewer last season and the side would have been relegated, so it's going to take a big push for improvements on the field.The squad players did look sharp in friendlies but against lesser opposition. The two home matches will show the way ahead, I think.And football is now very much a squad game. It's just that non-League clubs have fewer personnel than the big League clubs. Get behind The Martyrs versus Weston,who drew at home on Saturday with a late goal.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Harrow Borough v MERTHYR Empty Harrow v Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am

Merthyr will remember Greg Tindle, the former Chippenham centre back, aged 30, who has joined Weston.So has tall striker Nick McCootie who scored twice when Paulton Rovers won 2-0 at Merthyr in the play -offs.He later played for Bath and Chippenham.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum