Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of note

Go down

Players of note Empty Players of note

Post  Tim Drummond Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 am

I wonder where former Merthyr Town trialist Dan Alfei will play next season now that Llanelli have been relegated!Starting with Swansea, he was with Wrexham, Portsmouth,Northampton and Mansfield, all on loan, before Aberystwyth 2016-17.
After featuring in some friendlies for Merthyr, he went to Yeovil Town but in only his fourth appearance, he suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament which ruled him out  for  the rest of the 2017-18 season, at the end of which he was released. I informed Merthyr at the time of his release, though they were probably aware, but he then joined Llanelli.
I don't know what the situation is re another one-time Martyrs trialist, former Cardiff City man Gethyn Hill. He was sold to Weston-super-Mare by Cinderford. Weston have now been relegated from the Vanarama National League.
Is Duncan Culley, a FA Cup  hero at Shortwood, and who  also played at Bromley, still at Hampton and Richmond? As  well as a footballer, he has been a  fitness instructor and part-time model. I remember him playing for Pontypridd Town  after I saw Ian Traylor play there and hit lots of goals!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down